Driftschool Zolder 11th Dec. 2009
05-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Dude, the whole gangsta-talk thing sometimes make you difficult to understand..

If your question is when driftdays are held in your neighbourhood->see here

NoHachi Wrote:See here for dates:
http://driftdude.nl/Agenda.html

RDW = Lelystad = expensive!

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
05-19-2010, 06:47 PM
NoHachi Wrote:Dude, the whole gangsta-talk thing sometimes make you difficult to understand..

If your question is when driftdays are held in your neighbourhood->see here

NoHachi Wrote:See here for dates:
http://driftdude.nl/Agenda.html

RDW = Lelystad = expensive!

K thanks... and FYI I just sometimes swap the word STUFF for Sh1t or something of that nature - its NOT gangsta-talk or whatever :S but anyhow... I am pretty psyched - I would love to see the track in Lelystad one day!

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
05-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Well gangsta or no, its still begs the questions"
what is meant by trackshit or track-stuff?
what is a free run for drifting?
Maybe I just need to polish up on my US youth culture slang again. Took me about half a year to figure out what Robo was posting in most threads (N1) and to figure out the FTW thing. Smile

If you want to learn how to drift, then a stock hachi with LSD will do nicely. A stiffer suspension can help control the car but thats mostly it for beginner level. Any stuff you add on afterwards is personalizing the car, nice but not necessary. Driftdays are organised on a regular basis now, particularly in summer. So maybe skip some improvements on the car and invest in improving the driver. Its fun. RDW lelystad or driftschool Zolder are your best bets for getting the basics down in safe surroundings.

05-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Thats damn good useable info homie Wink just kidding with the homie stuff hahaha With the free run I mean where can I go onto a track for free and just drift till I am super happy? Stuff like that...

But em... yeah thanks for the info! Maybe you should brush up on your slang but hey! I am 26 years old and I sometimes give skateboarding lessons to some kids in my neighbourhood so the slang comes naturally hahaha your only as old as you feel you are hahahaha

Sooo NoHachi... where do you drift?

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
05-19-2010, 10:00 PM
There are no free drift events that I know of in NL..if there were, they would be overcrowded within seconds (gotta love the dutchSmile ). So you'll have to cancel those new rims you have coming in and channel the funds towards an oportunity to finish of your current set of tires Evil

The only drifting I do these days is when I overuse the rear brakes into a corner or cause a small powerslide in longer turns. Seeing as the AE86 is parked in front of the door with half its wiringloom hanging out, all of this takes place on my motorbike and scares the shit out of me. Once I get things sorted I'll probably join some zolder and RDW days, but I'm more of a grip type of person and drifting can bore me quickly (too slow!). If you want true cheap practice you can also consider doing some driftkarting at the voltage in Tilburg. Not full size cars, but takes the same skill set and is cheap.

05-19-2010, 10:39 PM
hahaha you sir can scare me as well... Karts NOOOO WAAAAAY I did that a few times and all I can say is screw the karts man!!! I'll just go and play outside when I get my car back...

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
05-20-2010, 07:36 AM
Just be carefull when you do..if any cop sees you its article five, bye bye drivers license and a compulsory driving safety course that'll cost you 800 euro's. The course is new and the police have been giving them away like hotcakes..
The total of fines and course money will buy you 7 days off drifting on a closed course. A local guy here found that out the hard way recently. Also had two take two days off from work to go to the course..

05-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Correct..

Verry expensive.. Wink

but at airport Weeze, just over the border. there should be driftdays every month??

drifting weeze or something like that.. (just half an hour drive for me Wink )

regards.

Gtsi-R

"Trust me, I was an engineer"
"straight lines are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"
05-20-2010, 02:20 PM
NoHachi Wrote:Just be carefull when you do..if any cop sees you its article five, bye bye drivers license and a compulsory driving safety course that'll cost you 800 euro's. The course is new and the police have been giving them away like hotcakes..
The total of fines and course money will buy you 7 days off drifting on a closed course. A local guy here found that out the hard way recently. Also had two take two days off from work to go to the course..

Good to know! When I was still driving the AE86 before restoration, I was playing a lot between 2 roundabouts near Wateringen. This 'new' law makes me think twice about drifting/sliding in public.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Driftschool Zolder 11th Dec. 2009]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
05-20-2010, 03:36 PM
For Dutch people that want to know more:
http://www.flitsservice.nl/algemeen/inde...hp?id=4637

Its a three day course by the way..

And I know exactly which two roundabouts you mean Cool Used to practice there myself (and on the parkinglot near the highway close by)..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KD EUROPEAN DRIFT DNYRACING 2009 |BUDA| 5 6,882 07-27-2009 03:21 PM
Last Post: leon205gti
  KOE 2009 dragonnoir 2 4,675 02-04-2009 10:01 AM
Last Post: banpei
  Drifting at Zolder (and grip driving) Mux213 5 6,498 12-15-2004 07:11 PM
Last Post: Mux213