Poll: Do you drift and Why?
Yes, Because my friends do it
Yes, Because its FUN!
Yes, Because it takes alot of skill and pratice. Its a new autosport.
[Show Results]

Drifting sucks!
05-29-2006, 07:07 AM
Drifting sucks!
I've only been a rwd corolla owner for a year now but for some reason I get annoyed at people that ask me if I "Drift" it or go to events. Just because my car was in a famous tv cartoon doing drifting doesnt mean I'm doing it too. What if my car is set up for drag racing or autocross. And for the most part I don't like drift videos (unless its from a pro driver in the drivers seat camera view).

BUT, I absolutly love drifting. It feels like a head to head drag race... its a form of art, something of a bonding between man and machine to do a dance upon the pavement with the correct moves. The sliding itself just gives a rush.

Does anyone else feel the same? I turn down drift events for a wet empty parking lot with nobody around. I do it for my own enjoyment.
Find all posts by this user
05-29-2006, 09:51 AM
Drifting sucks!
I wonder when Holland get like that... Allthough I do get the question whether I drift from time to time because within the track world, people do seem to think the only reason for buying a hachi is to go and drift with it.

That said, I do like drifting as a sport, love watching it, and hope some day to learn it. But it's not my reason for owning this carSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
05-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Drifting sucks!
Drifting is old hat now.

Time Attack is where its at. Mark my words!

still no 86
05-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Drifting sucks!
And then after that japan fad has blown over people will start realising what the ideal kick is.. 20 similar cars lined up at the starting line, every driver willing to reach the finish first, door to door racing, pushing every line, every brakingpoint. Making up with sheer determination what your car might be lacking... Face it boys any kind of racing is cool. But you have to get out there and do it...Don't let image hold you back, all you need are 4 wheels to compete.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
05-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Drifting sucks!
I usually tell people I cant drift...which is true. I just slide my car around a little like an asshat sometimes, but it doesnt come close to serious drifting. Way too hard on the car for me to have a go at it again any time soon (I have limited resources...sadly). Just enjoying myself on 4 wheels in whatever I happen to be driving is good enough for me. Somehow lots of people like to judge by what's popular.. when you have an 86 and dont drift it they act like your doing something wrong. Driving your car around your local racetrack and auto-x/slalom course a few times a year doesnt get you much recognition.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-31-2006, 10:30 AM
Drifting sucks!
Blueneon Wrote:Drifting is old hat now.

Yeah, drifing sucks. Big Grin
I went drag racing. Huh
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Drifting sucks!]

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
05-31-2006, 05:43 PM
Drifting sucks!
and? Confused: Confused:
06-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Drifting sucks!
No, it's fun but I cant afford the tires and I have utterly no interest in it as a sport or even anything I would wish to really discuss with ammung people. It is about as relivent to me as doing a figure 8 in a parkinglot.
Quote:Somehow lots of people like to judge by what's popular.. when you have an 86 and dont drift it they act like your doing something wrong.
hah I can relate to that. I cant even begine to count the many dissappointed looks I have recieved when I tell people I'm not interested in drifting. What I find funny is they almsot always go back and just assume I'm into street/drag racing. Undecided
lol

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Drifting sucks!]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RC drifting cavey 2 5,132 10-02-2009 10:40 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Polonez drifting!! Spitfire 5 6,270 03-01-2008 11:41 AM
Last Post: daywalker
  Initial T - drifting Volvo Mux213 6 6,736 10-07-2007 07:21 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Toyota SUCKS! oldeskewltoy 11 9,046 03-15-2007 02:00 PM