Dome light fix
04-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Dome light fix
Hi guys,

This has been issue I've been avoiding for a little while, but it would be nice to fix it so I can have an interior light again.

The problem I have is, the dashboard door light remains 'on' constantly. I believed the issue to be the result of one of the door switches being grounded. But, having removed every switch and stopping the ground wire on both doors and the boot from being grounded, I'm at a loss to find out why the light remains on. I've tried removing the fuse and pushing it back in again, sure enough the light goes off and on, but it doesn't solve my problem.

Can anyone tell me from their experience if there's anywhere else in the loop that a wire could be grounded causing the light to remain on?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
04-29-2014, 11:28 PM
Dome light fix
I only had a quick glance at the schematics from the manual and it seems it's somehow also connected to the clock, rear foglight relay (which is connected to the fog light switch) and the interior light switch. I assume your problem might be at the latter (i.e. the interior light switch is permanently grounded).

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Dome light fix
Thanks for the reply Bean. Being that it's an import, there is no rear fog switch to route to for a ground, so that rules that one out. As for the interior light itself, I removed the wire connecting it and the light on the dash still didn't go off. So, I'm out of ideas.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone know how to fix the digital clock? kawo 0 3,165 05-02-2014 08:54 AM
Last Post: kawo
Bug brake line leaking - how to fix ? MC_JP 2 3,962 04-28-2014 09:47 PM
Last Post: MC_JP
  How to fix a floating idle on a Toyota 4A-GE motor Homem Bomba 8 22,109 08-27-2013 12:55 AM
Last Post: jondee86
  piston dome cc figure Bean 6 13,664 02-13-2013 03:24 PM
Last Post: jdm86gtz
  Fix Up? or Sell? AEeighty-six 3 3,866 05-18-2009 07:51 PM
Last Post: AEeighty-six