Diferent electric wiring?
04-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Diferent electric wiring?
Hi everyone.

Last weekend I did some research on the car, wiring diagrams and stuff on how to make a ultra-mega-kill-anti-burglar protection. I start by checking ecu plugs, wire colors and where everything goes through the car.

I must say that I´m not a tecnician, but following wires and read diagrams its kind of easy. But everyone has its doubts, so here are mines.

While I was checking the colors on the wires, i realized that my wiring is a bit diferent, i mean, it's diferent from the diagrams that i've used (the 4age diagnosis manual, and the AE86 wiring diagram).

My main questions are:
Are all european AE86 faithfull to that diagrams?
Have my wiring been modified?
Its possible to fit a RHD wiring into a LHD?

My ECU has 89661-12130 on it, so it's the right one for the late european model(85-87). Dont know if this one was used in the early model too.
I know that sometimes there are little changes and diferences in cars between markets/countrys and even it's equipment, but in a so basic car? The main diference that could exist in the wiring its between LHD and RHD, witch are very plausible, once a lot of parts are on the oposite side of each model.

Well, I used images from both manuals refered above to explain how my wiring is.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Diferent electric wiring?]
This is the ECU pin connectors. Assuming that they are correct (i expect so, its a toyota manual anyway), the first red mark its blank, in my wiring goes a black with brown dots wire. In the second red mark its the FS, my wiring is blank. And in last, the yellow mark that its blank in my wiring, wicth is explainable because i dont have AC.

Another thing.
As you can see, its explained the same as above, but with color codes. The thing is, where is the green marks, these colors refer to RHD colors(according to the AE86 wiring manual). To be LHD i should have G/W for the 9 T plug, and R for the 9 V plug. This makes me think that i´m using a RHD wiring. But the rest remains without an answer.

I´m not very concearned about this issue, the car runs good after all. I´ll check with Rasteirinho too (he has his car desassebled, should be easy).

If anyone wants tho check it out on your cars would be interesting, at least helping me find out my issue. Thumbs up!

Cump´s
Filipe Oliveira
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tail light wiring... Mylesmck 4 282 02-02-2024 12:36 PM
Last Post: Mylesmck
  Lambda sensor wiring sam3007 10 3,158 05-23-2022 10:00 PM
Last Post: The Doctor
  4A-GE wiring engine to chassis connectors Lykowsky 4 6,224 06-20-2019 11:38 AM
Last Post: Lykowsky
  Some wiring help needed DJexor 5 4,727 05-18-2019 01:50 PM
Last Post: DJexor
  AE86 Headlight + wiper wiring (levin) bozu 11 14,056 09-19-2017 02:06 PM
Last Post: banpei