Damn vandals!
06-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Damn vandals!
No idea what happened, but I walked up to my car today parked at work, noticed that the rear bumper was hanging strange.

It looks like someone jumped on the left rear side of it, its hanging all crooked.

This weekend I'll take it off to see whats wrong with it. Hopefully its just one of the mounts thats broken...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
06-02-2007, 12:50 AM
Damn vandals!
damn F&^%ers!!!! Angry Angry

hope it's nothing serious Bas.

Philip
06-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Damn vandals!
Damn Angry

There must be a law that say that you can shoot every dickhead that cant resist to mess with stuff from other ppl.

But no, our goverment is too damn busy to make a law to ban the radio's on buildingsites.

You cant take matters in your own hand, cause then you'll be the one who's getting arrested.

Welcome in brilliant Holland. Shitcountry Angry

Wow.. That's relieving on the early morning Big Grin

Hope your car isnt to damaged, Bas! Undecided

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

No more Panda..
Tricolor bastard!

If it 'aint broke, fix it 'til it is
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Damn vandals!
Nah it seems like its just the bumper.. haven't had time to take it off yet though

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

06-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Damn vandals!
This is spooky..

So I took the bumper off, there isn't a mark on the bumper itself, there isn't a mark on my car, but the left bracket that mounts the bumper to the car, is all twisted like someone seriously rear ended my car.

So I'm guessing this is a parking fault by someone, probably reversed into my bumper and either didn't notice or didn't care. Luckely my bumper isn't fasted all that great and its just the bracket thats gone all funky. Appart from loads of rust, the car itself is fine.

I was able to put the bumper back on sortof ok for now, but I'll be looking for new brackets, or maybe even a new bumper..

On a less nice note, I noticed my boot had filled up with watter again (it does that from time to time, I still haven't figured out where the watter is coming from though I suspect the bootlid doesn't close properly. Not to bad as it hasn't started rusting yet in the pocket on the right side that always fills up. The bad news is, turns out I left my new ring and pinion ball bearings in my car and they are a tiny bit tainted now Sad Sad

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

06-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Damn vandals!
The window is commonly the cause for the flooding of the boot. It may need re-sealing.
06-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Damn vandals!
Jezza, very possible, we repaired a whole there two years ago, possibly it no longer seals to well..

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

06-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Damn vandals!
bastards! happened to me to.. only they tried to take my car for a joy ride. failed due to disconnected starter wire (it disconnects itself from time to time after spirited driving).. luckyy!
06-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Damn vandals!
They ve done two nice key marks, 10 and 20 cm each on my aluminum hood Confused Confused

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Damn vandals!] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2007, 04:37 AM
Damn vandals!
I'll give you a funny bumper story. For some years I was adopted by a large Newfoundland dog. All black, shambled like a bear, had a brain but often preferred not to bother taking it with her. 175 pounds bone dry, that's about 80 kilos. But a gentle gentle creature.

So one day we're walking around the block, I'm curbing the dog and letting her sniff and do her business in street between the parked cars, and she bumps headfirst into an old Beetle. And the bumper just FALLS OFF INTO THE STREET.

What can you do but laugh?<G>

Seen any big dogs around your car?<G>

Original owner, 1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S in the US of A. Will trade for a Cadillac-Gage V150 or a Ford GT44.