Cs2 Coilovers
09-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Cs2 Coilovers
Has anyone bought the driftworks cs2 coilovers and fitted it on your 86? I would like some feedback on theses. cheers
Find all posts by this user
09-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Cs2 Coilovers
Yep, i like them. Transformed my sack of shit KE70 into a car that performed from the first time i got it out on track..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCZPN5px5...oc5LpfaGzg

Car was stock, LSD and CS2's.

Driftworks - JSPFab.com - DangerStyle - NightSpirit
09-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Cs2 Coilovers
Cheers for that. Got mine the other day looking forward to fitting them and testing them out.

PazzaAE86 Wrote:Yep, i like them. Transformed my sack of shit KE70 into a car that performed from the first time i got it out on track..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCZPN5px5...oc5LpfaGzg

Car was stock, LSD and CS2's.
09-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Cs2 Coilovers
buy greddy!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Cs2 Coilovers]
09-13-2012, 04:19 AM
Cs2 Coilovers
Hmmmm I tried to order some CS2's but when i spoke to driftworks they informed me that they where having problems with HSD as the spindles for the AE86 front's kept having problems with small hair line cracks.

I bought Some Greddy's instead as above , shame as ive heard good things about the CS2's but same with the Greddy's too.
09-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Cs2 Coilovers
I would be very suprised if the spindles didn't come from the same company.

@Petros, claims like that usually become more convincing if you add some arguments. Have you driven cars on both greddy and HSD's? Would be curious about the difference.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
09-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Cs2 Coilovers
i had the same problem as lewy
i wait more than 2 months for cs2....
as a result i bought greddy..this suspension is perfect...

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Cs2 Coilovers]
09-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Cs2 Coilovers
I have these fitted on my car, and they are simply great. I don't know about the other sets because the only measure I have is my old setup. Handling went from good to superb and it's very stiff now. Even on the softest setting it is quite bumpy if the road isnt new though, on old roads you'll feel like you're in a pinball machine (as is the case with most coilovers I think). But you'll find out soon enough seeing as you have already acquired them
Tongue

edit: that video is probably a better testimony Blush
09-14-2012, 01:41 AM
Cs2 Coilovers
Bravothreezero Wrote:Even on the softest setting it is quite bumpy if the road isnt new though, on old roads you'll feel like you're in a pinball machine (as is the case with most coilovers I think).

Actually, no. That is exactly what a good shock/spring combo is meant to prevent. You can make any car feel nice sporty and uncomfortable by just removing the whole suspension and making it solid mounted. Anyone know about another spindle manufacturer besides Trust? Did HSD get a bad batch?

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
09-14-2012, 03:50 AM
Cs2 Coilovers
Not sure i was told 6 weeks wait and then after 6 weeks still no confirmed date of when they where available so took my money and got the Greddy's.

This is Phil from DW's line on it :

We are at the mercy of limited and extremely difficult production of the front spindle/bracket parts. These are a cast part thats then has 5 machining runs, and is then Xrayed for imperfections. The last couple of batches have had tiny imperfections and as such were scrapped. There is a 3rd batch in production at the moment, but until it's finished and Xrayed we can't even offer a vague delivery time I'm afraid, as we won't risk supplying this part if it's anything less than perfect.
I can assure you that as soon as we get some good news we will let people know

Got to hand it to him for not selling less than perfect products fair play but that response was 2 month's ago and they still have no stock of them Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carina drivers! - Coilovers for a TA60/62 nyberrg 2 5,567 06-05-2017 10:03 AM
Last Post: nyberrg
  Fitting driftworks CS2 coilovers bozu 2 4,259 05-30-2017 10:50 AM
Last Post: bozu
  D2 Coilovers any good? heshan 18 24,307 04-04-2017 02:40 AM
Last Post: hachirokkos
  Has anyone tried BC Racing coilovers? AlexKTM 9 11,026 09-05-2016 12:28 PM
Last Post: mad.matt
  Anyone running DIY Coilovers? Rasteirinho 8 12,795 11-19-2013 10:30 PM