Crankcase engine Fault Please help
12-25-2013, 01:24 PM
If the breather isnt blowing when you put your finger on it and give the engine some throttle, it is surely blocked.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Ivan141 Wrote:If the breather isnt blowing when you put your finger on it and give the engine some throttle, it is surely blocked.

Is there more to this? yes ive placed my finger where the breather is looking at that above picture. They was no blowing or noise coming from that hole. if i give it throttle dipstick will fly out then oil everywhere. what ever the part is blocked how am i to unblock it? please

thank you all for response so far
Find all posts by this user
12-26-2013, 10:24 AM
fax0815 Wrote:Should be able to swap them over with no problem or powerloss. Block the returnpipe, yes.

id like to believe this but only one person has said no problem. i sort of want the original stock 100kw smallport as is. So are you sure? And how are you so please? have you done it in the past?
12-26-2013, 01:44 PM
This is still all a bit odd to me.. you said your redtop block is rebuilt. If it is, it shouldn't have much blow-by, even if the rings havent worn in yet.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I also wouldnt be to keen on swapping blocks if I just rebuilt the engine.

About the breather hole: that is the place the engine is supposed to vent its excess pressure.. if it's not blowing there, but is in other places, something most likely is blocked. Try blowing air into it with the engine turned off.. you should be able to blow freely.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
12-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Ivan141 Wrote:This is still all a bit odd to me.. you said your redtop block is rebuilt. If it is, it shouldn't have much blow-by, even if the rings havent worn in yet.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I also wouldnt be to keen on swapping blocks if I just rebuilt the engine.

About the breather hole: that is the place the engine is supposed to vent its excess pressure.. if it's not blowing there, but is in other places, something most likely is blocked. Try blowing air into it with the engine turned off.. you should be able to blow freely.

i dont know if you have read everything above ive also mentioned that am not the one rebuilt the smallport. I will however try blow air through and get back with results. the blue top is just a spare incase i blow the smallport.
12-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Thumbs up! Woooow it is soooo Blocked alright. i couldn't blow any air in it felt like blowing in a bottle. I grabbed the other cam cover from the blue top engine huge difference felt like blowing through a pipe. i couldn't start the engine though flat battery a mate took the jumper leads. i think you just fixed my problem and saved me heaps of time i am glad i came on here first i like feel Banging head yeah thanks so much i will post again how things go after my jump start.
12-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Wish you good luck.. hope the engine is still OK.
If it blows a lot out of that breather pipe, it probably isnt in good condition.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
12-27-2013, 03:24 PM
but a blocked breather can cause massive problems, without the engine being terribly ill Smile
I had the same on my engine, breather plugged in wrong by MoT man and the engine was pissing out oil EVERYWHERE.
All went back to normal when the breather system worked as it should.

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
01-02-2014, 09:34 AM
Hi all i think engine is Totally fine. Fired first pop instant starts. there no more excessive oil leaks the dip stick doesnt jump out anymore since ive throttled bounced off the limiter 7000rpm i only have a little dizzy drip that was already there before the problem... Just one thing il have to figure out the tachometer wire connected to my negative side of coil was making the coil go really Hot unless its disconnected and its not reading properly just moving aroung between 1000 and 3000 at idle. il just google around figure it not a Bigy Many Many Thanks Happy New years

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  dizzy speed wont change?? little help please kpretro84 3 4,277 09-15-2013 11:11 AM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  Whos the owner please help me i need to contact you adamsaiyad 10 11,012 05-04-2010 10:29 PM
Last Post: doggy
  New to ae86 need help with engine rebuild Snafu415 2 3,834 06-27-2009 04:16 PM
Last Post: GWtaylor
  help help help ToyotaTs 4 4,903 09-20-2007 05:21 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Need everyones help (Please) Joe Ae86 Irl 9 7,603 10-08-2005 11:56 PM
Last Post: Joe Ae86 Irl