Corolla KE30
12-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Corolla KE30
Since I am not the only one, I guess I am allowed to post about my KE30 I just bought!

Not sure what to do with it yet but when I saw it up for sale I couldn`t resist...

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Corolla KE30]

The engine ran quite poorly because of wrong timing. I fixed that but I am not sure what the little adjuster is on the distributor. I think it has someting to do with timing advance because there is a vacuum line to the carb.

The state of the bodywork is to bad so I have some rat-look idea`s. First of all it needs some wheels and lowering. And I am in love with the chin-lip, some use the Golf MK1 Gti so I will be looking for that aswell.

Any tips for lowering? Cheapest will be cutting of a coil and use of some lowering blocks at the rear. Any other options / company`s who sell suspension stuff for KE30?
Find all posts by this user
12-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Corolla KE30
KE30 stuff is essentially KP starlet stuff. So you should be able to mix and match. I think its the older style MR2 AW11 dampers that are shortstroke inside the KE30 housings.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
12-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Corolla KE30
Sweet ride!

The white plastic thing on the distributor should move when you accelerate. Thats shows you that your vaccum advance is allright. Other from that its an Oktan-selector.
If you need I´ll look up in my manual for you...

lowering:
front:
AW11 rear struts are short stroke conversation for KE3*/KP6*
together with some lowering springs (for example King sprins, Lovel springs, both australia, I never came across a european source)
rear:
difficult!
blocks are easy, but will cause axle tramp, especially when massive drop is needed (like in a KE3*) Smile
Well best way, do go to a leafspring shop and get them flatened and the eyes inverted professional.
Costs a bit but is by far the best option!

I´ve owned a KE35 for 3years and know a bit about them... Cool

1979 Toyota Corolla KE35
1983 Toyota Corolla AE86
1985 Toyota Corolla AE86
12-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Corolla KE30
cool car Thumbs up!

Yes , do that golf mk1 lip , looks good on these .
12-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Corolla KE30
Feck i had one of these and they are shit Smile

If you lower it use lowering blocks and cut springs, but it will still be shit.
Engines are old and crap, brakes suck big time.

Sell it to someone else with a profit and never ever buy a car like this again is my advice Smile
12-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Corolla KE30
Eric, you're just jealous! Tongue

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
12-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Corolla KE30
Banging head
12-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Corolla KE30
Awesome car Thumbs up!
I have one to, also 2 door. Just love the style and soul in that car, bonnet scoops, polished fuel cap, corolla emblems all around Smile

NoHachi Wrote:KE30 stuff is essentially KP starlet stuff. So you should be able to mix and match.

I have them both, KE30 and KP62 and they are, except the K-series engine, very much different.

Toyota scrap yard car park = AE92GTi - AE82GT - KE30 - KP62
12-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Corolla KE30
thanks for the replies!

fax0815 Wrote:Sweet ride!

The white plastic thing on the distributor should move when you accelerate. Thats shows you that your vaccum advance is allright. Other from that its an Oktan-selector.
If you need I´ll look up in my manual for you...

lowering:
front:
AW11 rear struts are short stroke conversation for KE3*/KP6*
together with some lowering springs (for example King sprins, Lovel springs, both australia, I never came across a european source)
rear:
difficult!
blocks are easy, but will cause axle tramp, especially when massive drop is needed (like in a KE3*) Smile
Well best way, do go to a leafspring shop and get them flatened and the eyes inverted professional.
Costs a bit but is by far the best option!

I´ve owned a KE35 for 3years and know a bit about them... Cool

I am interested in knowing how to set this vacuum advance/ octane selector. There is a see through cap, underneath is a white plastic screw wich you can turn and adjust. I think it says A and R with arrows.. Hope you can help, I have now set it fully screwed inwards.

I sent an email to the Austrialian company`s, thanks for the tip. So you are saying that the original rear shocks from a AW11 are usable as a shortened front shock?
12-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Corolla KE30
yes that is possible, same as kp60.