Corolla GT Coupe - Royalty Black
03-27-2017, 06:29 PM
Could you please provide more info on these Dixcel brake discs? (ID, P/N) where to get them?

My car even older than I.

Dec. 1983 zenki Levin coupe AE85 swapped to 4age16v from ae92 and other needed stuff and RHD to LHD
Nov. 1985 kouki Trueno hatchback AE85, with 86s suspension, @3A + A42DL, RHD
Find all posts by this user
03-28-2017, 10:55 AM
Hey!

Well... Dixcel is a brake components brand in Japan... They are present in every race from SuperGT to Super Taikyu Series....

The rotor range goes from PD (OEM replacement +) the plus is really a big one.... to high end two part rotors with carbon composite.

This set i got is the OEM quality that i've been selling in Portugal. The quality is outstanding and ofc if i'm promoting them, i'll be using them!

The OEM ref for Dixcel is: PD3152587
As a Dixcel dealer in Portugal i'm selling them for 130€ the PD ones.

You also have the SD which are PD slotted rotors with 20% extra prformance.

Regards
03-28-2017, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2017 10:48 PM by pack.)
Allright! Time for a new set of pictures taken these last days to my project.

Everything is ready except the manifold, we detected some "invisible" cracks... signs that the manifold was abused... I'm still risking it, and i'm repairing that unit and fit it to my AE86.

Had the time to discuss new overhauls and upgrades.... Now that i've finished everything mechanic wise i still need to pursuit the steering components and purchase a few last items to finish my suspension kit.

Also i've discovered from a friend a used Defi link without ECU, plan is to remove the stack's and fit this gadget on my car to display electronically values of several sensors.

Time for pictures!

My rear axle done and ready to fit!
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Corolla GT Coupe - Royalty Black]

Picture taken under the car...

New rear brakes... Should endure the track use....

Just for the likes and shares..... Big Grin

My friends from Touge Cult passed by the shop and took several shots to my car and some other builds inside the house.... Here's one that got my attention

Last but no least..... Bazoooka time!

I'm really glad i got the chance to purchase this item. Since Jorge Azcoitia started to publish his movies with the HKS on, instead the Brave unit, i've liked the sound so much that wanted to get one..... And now that is there... Waiting... I can't really wait for my manifold repairs to enjoy the car once again!

Regards
03-29-2017, 03:10 PM
Epic pics dude, loving the pipe actually looks at home

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Signature removed due to large photobucket message
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-29-2017, 03:18 PM
Nothing beats an original part.

The fitting is absolutely OEM spec..... Love it!

Pics are for a future reference..... I live AE86, after this... i will slow down a bit more.... As i have a girl and a future individual planned.... So....
Time to buy books, and catalogs... =) Just like banpei! ahhahahahah
07-11-2017, 12:03 PM
Small update....

As i've been telling here, car is smoking and it is rapidly increasing the smoke levels....

So i have planned for the end of the summer to open it up and get it refreshed!

Everyhting new....

I just have a question.... What about pistons or connecting rods? I know the 20V can keep up just using OEM parts.... But hey, anyone's got a different opinion?

Cheers
07-11-2017, 12:51 PM
What are your goals with the rebuild? Only refresh the engine or get mor power out it at the same time? If you want to increase the power output then I would look into some aftermarket parts otherwise keep it OEM.

Daily Beater: Civic EG5
Work in progress Car: AE86
07-11-2017, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2017 09:55 PM by Bean.)
Looking real good there, although a bit late do you know if Jorge is selling his Brave, would be nice to source one at least on the same continent.
As d3nso said, it really depends on your goals, I would add though that if you intend to up the power, your first step should be an engine management, assuming you still use the OEM ECU. Most bolt-ons will disappoint without it.

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2017, 01:00 AM
I really don't want to push up too much HP... I want to keep running the engine mostly stock for now and try to get the best out of it... Yeah i think i will go for a cool and sweet ECU that would allow the engine to gain a few extra HP and still keep running stock.

The sad thing is that if i buy pistons i have to buy rods, because everyone knows.... The OEM ones are really not the most reliable piece of the 20V.

Well, about the OEM pistons, everyone knows that the OEM piston ring manufacturer is NPR, i can get some B16 engine OEM pistons from NPR, anyone knows any reference for NPR pistons for the 20V? Just in case i have to push them 0,25

Cheers
07-12-2017, 12:29 PM
(07-12-2017 01:00 AM)pack Wrote:  Just in case i have to push them 0,25

If you need to bore cylinder walls there isn't 0.25 available, you have push it to 0,50 for OEM pistons (#13103-16220).
If you choose to bore 0.25 you need aftermarket forged pistons set (with matching rings), they are high compression (TODA) and an aftermarket management system is the only way to handle that.

I thought you sold your 16v engine with management system because you didn't have the time to tune it and now you're planning to do the same "mistake".

There's a bunch of considerations to open/rebuild an engine and start throwing expensive parts to build more horsepower, sourcing parts and paying big money, how parts relates to each other, expertise and tools, bla bla... It surprise me you even think about it.

If I was you, I will face reality and keep it as much stock as possible, even if you have to re-bore to 0.50.

Quick math:
OEM pistons price from ebay, €44.27 x 4 + shipping (€39) + import tax (+/- 25%) = €270
Samq Piston ring set 81.5mm (+0.5) , €90 + shipping (€20) = €110

New gasket... or full gasket kit ~ +/- €100/270
Rebore to .50 - ~ +/- €150
Valve steam oil seals ...
Labore/assembly ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gtsi-R red'n black coupé Gtsi-R 147 116,245 02-03-2022 02:43 PM
Last Post: Ivan141
  my 8a9 corolla GT coupe cloko 24 40,491 01-30-2012 05:17 AM
Last Post: Sambo
  My UK TE71 Corolla SR Coupe Finished.... japclassics 8 16,338 01-11-2011 02:12 PM
Last Post: Pacsker
  my 1984 red over black corolla gt davegtcoupe 3 10,072 10-12-2010 08:14 PM
Last Post: davegtcoupe
  RaceMinded satin black Toyota Corolla AE86 Levin Coupe RaceMinded 22 29,241 09-02-2010 07:25 PM
Last Post: Apolan