Controversial topic - Heel toe makes you slow
10-18-2016, 04:13 PM
It is not the video i've watched before, but it seems the accelerator pedal is a bit misguided for a cool and clear heel and toe.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Controversial topic - Heel ...s you slow]

Regards
Find all posts by this user
10-25-2016, 10:02 AM
You are probably right talking for the most of us, Roman.

I still heel and toe down shift, though. Here is why: I like nerdy stuff like this and I will never be the fastest one anyways. For me a trackday is about techniques and I use it to improve as much as I can. I do check laptimes but not until I get home Smile

My car: 20V, the white AE: 7AGE and an experienced rally driver, the MX5 is running a Rotrex kit with 225 hp. Great times.

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Controversial topic - Heel ...s you slow]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2017, 07:29 PM
What if.........

Guys there is a kit for the GT86 accelerator pedal from Cusco to improve Heel and Toe.....

Anyone tested it on a AE86?! Just curious......

Being watching my track movies, and reading about this issue.... And i think what makes me lose time on track its the fact that i heel and toe pretty far away from the ideal "brake line and force", which means in a more realistic way into something like this...

I brake too soon, i downshift and i heel and toe...
What happens is, i press the pedal even more to brake even more.... Why? Because i think i need to do this almost inside the corner....

I will need feedback on the pedal..... Should improve alot the heel and toe on my car if it can be assembled.
01-06-2017, 11:13 AM
The throttle pedal is just rod steel, has anyone tried heating it up and bending it to a better position?
You might need to change the pivot slightly to compensate for the loss of travel.