Coilovers?
03-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Coilovers?
t3???? I'm a newby...what's that??

And is the ae86 strut a little bit longer then the one of a ke30??

i've got a site, but I don't know the specific things:

http://www.toycrazy.net/index1.html under tech center

And I don't really need a very hard suspension, only a bit lowering, just for cruisin' and the looks..

No drifting at first place, maybe when everything is set, but first lowering the front (lowering the back is easy)

Mark
Find all posts by this user
03-01-2005, 12:36 AM
Coilovers?
mark Wrote:t3???? I'm a newby...what's that??
http://www.technotoytuning.com a well respected maker of AE86-parts!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Coilovers?]
03-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Coilovers?
I also have AE86 long stroke Conies on front. My idea was to have some harder springs with standard ride height and good shocks. I choose F8kg/mm and R6kg/mm springs. I asked guy to make this new spring some 3-4 cm shorter than original spring. Problem shows up after installing front springs. The car was about 5cm higher then standard ride height. So, the only solution was to short springs for approximately 5cm. When I finally shorten springs I found out that spring is to short for long stroke conies. The ride height was OK, but I could move front spring up and down freely for some 3 or 4 cm. After that I gave up and put back on old springs.
Conclusion:
1.Waste of time and money
2.If you’re about to modify your suspension, go for AE92conies+coilovers!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Fun is not the straight line!
03-01-2005, 10:57 AM
Coilovers?
Whn using full length shocks you usually need stiffer springs with some extra coils wound closely together to keep the spring long enough when extended. I'm using springs that are to short at the moment but havent had problems with them..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Coilovers?
max_ae86 Wrote:Conclusion:
This is things happen when you doesnt listen to your friends.

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Coilovers?
ZaX Wrote:
max_ae86 Wrote:Conclusion:
This is things happen when you doesnt listen to your friends.

Respect!

03-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Coilovers?
Ivan141 Wrote:I'm using springs that are to short at the moment but havent had problems with them..

Don't know what to do. I made a few rounds with this stiff setup and it definitely rocks! Maybe it's not a big deal if spring has same free space in full extension.
I have approx. 4cm of free space in full extension. How much free space you got?

03-01-2005, 02:35 PM
Coilovers?
Hey Max,

My coilovers have free play when fully extended but this is not something that is likely to happen during driving unless you start taking jumps.

Even then you need to ask how bad that situation would be... When compressing your car will just compress freely until it settles back on the springs and then the sprins start to compress. Only with really stiff suspention I can imagine the car might start bouncing off of the springs which would not give good ride quality but your shocks should prevent this from happening in the first place..

Zax, if I'm not mistaken the pictures of your car with the paradise racing coilovers and ae86 shocks also showed that the coilovers would becomes 'free' when the car is fully jacked up?

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Coilovers?
guys, remember, springs which have free play when fully extended are illegal!

You won't get through MOT with it!

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
03-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Coilovers?
I have just done this conversion using a Ground Control kit from T3 as far as I understand its the same kit they use in their coilover kits. It cost me around £150uk to my door. For that you get a choice of weld on or bolt on and what ever spring rate you want. All you need then is what ever shocks you whish to use. I would recomend the kit to anyone it looks fantastic and works perfectly.

For pics of what it looks like http://www.driftworks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3398

Jay

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Coilovers?]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carina drivers! - Coilovers for a TA60/62 nyberrg 2 5,567 06-05-2017 10:03 AM
Last Post: nyberrg
  Fitting driftworks CS2 coilovers bozu 2 4,259 05-30-2017 10:50 AM
Last Post: bozu
  D2 Coilovers any good? heshan 18 24,307 04-04-2017 02:40 AM
Last Post: hachirokkos
  Has anyone tried BC Racing coilovers? AlexKTM 9 11,026 09-05-2016 12:28 PM