EBAY BEWARE !!
03-11-2007, 04:02 PM
EBAY BEWARE !!
I write these topic on others forums, I explain my experience.

Here the fact, I won a bid on ebaymotor (turbo parts for my civic).
The seller has a 100% positive feedback, but not a lot of feedback.

I paid the parts + shipping: $885 (about 700€) with Paypal.

I wait...The guy didn't answer to my emails...And I watched (again) the feedback of the seller, now he's got some very bad feedback : The guy is a fake, he does'nt ship the parts we won...GREAT !!

Now I opened a claim on Paypal and I have to wait...I really don't think I'll see my money again, the security offered by Paypal is very "restrictive"...

3 months ago someone hacked my ebay account, and now someone stole me $885 on ebay...I'll definitly stop buying on Ebay !!

I find a lot of website about the "problems" on ebay...It's crazy and it becames worst and worst.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2007, 04:52 PM
EBAY BEWARE !!
yea ebay sucks balls

hope you get your money back somehow

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - EBAY BEWARE !!]
Find all posts by this user
03-11-2007, 05:24 PM
EBAY BEWARE !!
this is the reason why i bother to buy from oversea ebayers, in germany i had never problems with anything, and can trust ratings.

http://www.86ers.org
All the hachies that Daytona can only dream about.
03-11-2007, 05:46 PM
EBAY BEWARE !!
Truthh is that Germans are too be trusted. A seller once even posted my won items before II got a chance to pay Smile

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - EBAY BEWARE !!] http://www.jdmbits.com
03-11-2007, 06:33 PM
EBAY BEWARE !!
Thanks guys, I'll let you know...
03-14-2007, 09:31 PM
EBAY BEWARE !!
Never had a problem with ebay. If you paid with paypal and you opened a claim under the 45 days after the date of purchase, i´m sure you'll get your money back.

Cump´s
Filipe Oliveira
03-14-2007, 09:49 PM
EBAY BEWARE !!
You must be lucky.
Of course I opened a claim, if you have 10 minutes to loose read the terms and conditions for a complete refund...
I just can hope they'll give me $150 back, less $25 for the claim.

I'll let you know anyway...
03-14-2007, 11:16 PM
EBAY BEWARE !!
1st, when you open a claim, paypal tekes the money from the seller and keep it as an intermediate till any conclusion gets done.
2nd, the seller needs to prove that he send the items, otherwise, the money is all yours. The seller may have a 2nd chance to resend the items, but needs to prove it fast. I think your chances are high once you are under the 45 days limit.

Unfortunatly, i opened claims 3 or 4 times, and only in that situation of the stageone imports incident (that wasnt even a ebay item) they didnt move an inch, but the claim has been registered off date anyways.

Hope i dont get wrong on this, wish you the best mate. I know how it feels to be on this side of the ocean and uncapable to work things out.

Cump´s
Filipe Oliveira
03-18-2007, 10:57 PM
EBAY BEWARE !!
Today Paypal send me an email, the "seller" never answer to paypal's emails...So PAYPAL send me $175...$770 are missing, lol, but the claim isn't over yet.
03-18-2007, 11:36 PM
EBAY BEWARE !!
ebay is just one more marketplace, like any other.

If you go down to a shouk or bazar and browse from merchants you have never dealt with before, do you trust them? Do you trust them how far?

On eBay you have to ask the same question, how long they have been members, what te feedback has been, how varied it has been, who it has been from and of course what is the item and how expensive it is, and how specific the description is.

It is nice that Paypal offers some guarantee but like any guarantee, you MUST read the terms. They will follow them, but that's all they will do.

Marketplaces have not changed in the past two thousand years, since the latin phrase "Caveat Emptor!" was first written down. Hot cars, hot parts, and the fact that global shipping makes it terribly expensive (and often impossible) to press charges against a seller in some other country, just make it more important to remember: Caveat Emptor!

Original owner, 1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S in the US of A. Will trade for a Cadillac-Gage V150 or a Ford GT44.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  beware of paradise racing rotary787b 16 11,481 05-30-2007 11:05 AM
Last Post: Mux213
  STAGE ONE IMPORTS - BEWARE Lipinhu 23 15,978 03-09-2007 02:05 PM
Last Post: Holli