Cheap spring sets - advice
12-17-2006, 06:46 PM
It was some old stock being sold off..they were indeed 92 a pair for the fronts..ae92 short stroke ones.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
12-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Banging head Banging head Banging head

AE86 FANATIC!!!
12-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Just to make it closed:

Thanks Ivan.

I just ordered Apex springs today. I don`t expect anything special. I just want to start with stage one to see, how it will react/work. The stock suspension is horrible.
Later on I will have to do something with that rear axle, because it is really bad :-).

O.
12-18-2006, 09:51 PM
It'll be a lot better then stock, but also a lot less comfortable and slower at high speeds on irregular asfalt (car gets unsettled by ridges etc). Lots of fun around town though.

12-19-2006, 12:24 AM
Onyx,

I had the apex springs on my hach for awhile together with konis. Pretty decent for roadwork and a little bit of track, but not enough for serious track work or serious drifting. Alot better then stock though so I think you'll like them.

I'll keep my opinion and experience of the 92 euro AE92 shocks for myself, lets say that my experience with that ebay seller were less then good...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
12-19-2006, 09:27 AM
I think things went wrong when we wanted several sets..They were probably letting one set they had left go for cheap. Just win the auction and everything is plain and simple. Ask difficult questions and you see what happens...morons

12-19-2006, 11:33 AM
NoHachi,

I think so too.. I also think the ebay guy isn't directly involved with the sales department of the company or something like that, atleast I understood something like that from Alex. They're probably doing the ebay thing indirectly as a publicity thing, just letting old stock go cheaply "off the books" this way or something... But Im just guessing here.

Since we started ordering multiple sets we went through the "normal" channels.. Still that doesn't explain that they totally f'ed up. If you ask for multiple sets and refer to the ebay add and ask for pricing info, and get send something totally different for a totally different price without ever being told a price, that is simply very very very wrong. I'm still so releaved it was all undone and clearedup.

The right way would have been for them to tell us what the price was, I would then have asked why I would have to pay such a higher price compared to the ebay price, they would have told me the ebay price was a once off, I would have ordered one set through ebay, thats the end of it, no harm done.

They f'ed up, simple as that. So they could f up your ebay order aswell, simple as that too. Only good thing is that ebay protects you better which is why they only sell to german folk.

Anyways, going way to off topic, this has been discussed before on and off the board.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
12-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Although it's offtopic, you could write the name of the seller here or link him here to protect others from the mistakes with him...

1987 Toyota Corolla GT coupe - for holidays oversteer
2005 Toyota Corolla - for daily understeer