09-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Can't get my car started!
*allow me to throw an obvious suggestion out there:

CHECK THE ECU FOR BLOODY FAULT CODES!

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Assuming that you did everything in order of the posting then the engine would not start after you fitted new camshaft oil seals ?
I'm not sure it is possible to change the seals without removing the cams so I will assume also that you removed the camshafts ?

Now that we can see the full picture I would say your problem lies with a timing issue, either cam timing and / or ignition timing.

An analogue brain in a digital World
Find all posts by this user
09-11-2013, 06:36 PM
phill 92 Wrote:I may have to try swapping the EFI relay if people seem to believe this works ??

Don't believe me, i'm a bot, not human.
Also it's a big PITA to try a different relay, it's much easier to replace everything else.

Banging head

Keeping the AE86 alive!
09-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Had a play on the weekend and noticed there was a broken cable on a multi clip from the 3 wires that go from the igniter/coil into the dizzy, pulled the plug out and connected the wires and it started. Let it run for about 15 mins and it ran perfectly.

Revved it a little and it kept cutting out, so I tightened the battery terminals and it was fine. The next day I went to start it and it wasn't having anything!

I will replace the suspect wiring and hope for the best!

Thanks.
09-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Dodgy earth?

I had mine running last week, took stat off box housing, forgot to put earth back on, jumped it, it ran, turned off then was completely dead...

I have had serious issues with my battery terminals recently as well...
09-16-2013, 05:23 PM
totta Crolla Wrote:Assuming that you did everything in order of the posting then the engine would not start after you fitted new camshaft oil seals ?
I'm not sure it is possible to change the seals without removing the cams so I will assume also that you removed the camshafts ?

Now that we can see the full picture I would say your problem lies with a timing issue, either cam timing and / or ignition timing.

You can replace the camshaft seals without removing the cams. I made the mistake of re-fitting my front plate then finding I hadn't replaced the seals. Took the end cam caps off and put seals on, quite easy really.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Can Wing Mirror Glass be Replaced? chrisae86 1 782 03-05-2023 09:34 PM
Last Post: Ivan141
  Can you convert your 86 back too the original state? gh0st 7 2,122 04-25-2022 04:25 PM
Last Post: gh0st
  Can you seperate trueno kouki bumper lights into zenki bumper lights? gh0st 17 6,064 12-19-2021 11:58 PM
Last Post: gh0st
  Can you identify this wheels? Will they fit AE86? Ryo 8 9,597 09-08-2021 12:48 PM
Last Post: Ryo
  can i just slam a oem turbo on it ? MC_JP 3 5,634 12-17-2014 11:04 PM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy