Silvertop MAP Questions
11-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Silvertop MAP Questions
Backstory: The car used to have a blacktop in it everything wired up bt harness bt ecu etc. The car ran fine from what I am told never actually saw it with the bt. According to the previous owner the motor blew and he did not have the funds to rebuild it so he threw in a silvertop using the existing bt harness, bt ecu, bt map ect... He could never get the car to run right so it sat and this is where i picked it up.

Current issue: Everything looks to be installed correctly the car idles and fires right up. The problem lies when you rev the motor it bogs in the lowerend but the upperend it picks up nicely, the bad range seems to be 2k ~ 4k. if you drive it conservative it runs fine no problems. At first it was shooting fireballs out the ITBs so we set the timing back and it went away a bit but the bog is still existant.

One of the issues was the map sensor it was connected to a vac line with no vac lol. Also on the bottom of the itbs near the firewall there a very big hose that has vacuum but doesnt go anywhere ill try to get a pic cant figure out what its supposed to do.

Thinking it might be the MAP sensor vacuum issue i made a little Y and vac tank for the sensor and the FPR but still same issue. I changed the plug wires and the cap.

This is where I am stuck, from what I have read the st ITBs dont have a vac rail like the bt ones and this can cause the car to run poorly. One question is should i put the bt itbs on the st motor or does it matter?

- Fuzzy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AFM to Map Conversion ps13michi 3 2,389 01-06-2022 10:34 AM
Last Post: ps13michi
  Newb question on "how-to" guide for ITBs on JDM 4AG Bluetop w/ MAP mister86 12 9,638 02-10-2020 06:39 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  20v Silvertop stock ignition timing and fueling maps Lykowsky 5 11,886 07-18-2019 03:52 PM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy
  Brake Bias Questions mad.matt 10 9,697 01-03-2019 04:54 AM
Last Post: mad.matt
  20v silvertop idle issue AlexFourTwenty 3 4,616 12-24-2017 03:27 AM
Last Post: AlexFourTwenty