CARBURATORS
02-16-2006, 09:33 PM
CARBURATORS
Quote:Hey James could you give me some info about your setup? pump, distributor, advance settings, if ecu is still connected, fotos ?
THanks

Dont know for sure at the moment mate, the work was done by Garage Shapple and I havent had a good look at the engine as I have literally just collected it and by the time I get home its dark. Will have a proper look on Saturday and take some snaps. Initial glance its running a dizzy with a external coil and MSD 6AL ignition, FPR etc. ECU is still there.

I have managed to get a Japanese guy to ask the company what they did to the car so I know the full set up. I will let you know.

Cheers

James

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - CARBURATORS]

http://www.eight-six.co.uk - read the blog!

UK AE86 Forum - http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?m...ghtsixcouk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-17-2006, 10:08 AM
CARBURATORS
Waiting for your news James...
Thanks again!
George

AE86 FANATIC!!!
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2006, 11:41 PM
CARBURATORS
Hey James any news ??????

AE86 FANATIC!!!
03-11-2006, 12:13 AM
CARBURATORS
WKD RWD Wrote:This is my 4AGE running twin 40's and powered by a Ford Sierra distributer (must be from a 1300 or 1600cc pinto engine sierra) and Ignition pack

yeah,i wanna know how you did that dizzy Big Grin
i run webers on the stock ecu(and that sucks,you cant get the timing right)
tell me Dumb question

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - CARBURATORS]

sr86 completed!!........漂うことのマスター!!!!
03-11-2006, 01:08 AM
CARBURATORS
i wish i knew myself, Mike Nelligan, Knocknagoshel, Co. Kerry, Ireland, made it up, i watched him doing it,
he needs a 4AGE Distributer and a Ford Sierra Distributer from a 1600cc Pinto engine, he then machined it so it has a Toyota shaft and splines but a Ford base, and uses Ford Rotor arm and Dizzy cap, its very smart though it doesnt look that clear in the picture
You also need the Ford Motorcraft ignition pack that plugs into the Distributer. So find an old Sierra somewhere, send dizzy and a Toyota one over to him, address up above, and youre set, I'll pm you his number if you want to talk to him first, try to get better pics tomorrow also Wave

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

My babies - http://www.aeu86.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1432
03-21-2006, 06:57 AM
CARBURATORS
i need more info on this dizzy setup^^^^^^^
03-21-2006, 11:51 AM
CARBURATORS
If you want static timing get a TPS mount on the front of the carbs.
Tap the brake booster feed from the 40s intake for vacuum feed.
Short the diagnostic port T1-E1.

Voila fixed timing.

Have someone machine a second timing mark on your crank pulley 30degrees advanced past the original TDC one or whatever timing you want to run.
Time the car off this and your done.

In fact Im not sure you even need to mount the TPS.
With the diagnostic shorted youd just get an error code.
In fact with the TPS mounted and no diagnostic port crossed youd have better ignition characteristics. Anyone care to differ?

I brightened up the pics below...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

http://www.skynet.ie/~eireae86
03-21-2006, 12:42 PM
CARBURATORS
What does the ECU use to determine the ignition advance? If a TPS and maybe a MAP signal are enough then that's what I would use. Running one fixed advance for all conditions seems like asking for trouble. I bet that ford dizzy has some form of centrifugal or vacuum advance built in..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
03-21-2006, 01:40 PM
CARBURATORS
Ivan141 Wrote:What does the ECU use to determine the ignition advance? If a TPS and maybe a MAP signal are enough then that's what I would use. Running one fixed advance for all conditions seems like asking for trouble. I bet that ford dizzy has some form of centrifugal or vacuum advance built in..

running without variable advance isnt dangerous. remember - the old cars dont have such thing. Smile
but the power is lost ..
03-21-2006, 02:03 PM
CARBURATORS
a friend with a redtop4age just unplugged the TPS MAP and INJECTORS and the car worked fine till 9000rpm ......
is it the same with a bluetop to do it?

AE86 FANATIC!!!