Brakepads!
Would love some pics of the work, i have no idea of how to modify pads Smile
700 km? That is real good!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Brakepads!]
Find all posts by this user
02-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Brakepads!
@ ZaX:

Can you ask your supplier to get the rear pads in M1144 compound? I'm VERY much interested!

Why motorsports? Because other sports require only one ball!
02-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Brakepads!
Jesse P Wrote:@ ZaX:

Can you ask your supplier to get the rear pads in M1144 compound? I'm VERY much interested!

He told me that there are no rear M1144 compound breakes, just OEM type.

Pero also told me that most race cars use just OEM stock pads in the rear.
Makes sense to me since rear brakes are used only 10% of the front ones.

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Brakepads!
There are a few pads that are interesting but not sold in the netherlands as far as I know..
The US guys seem to like Porterfield pads a lot..
Then there's the japanese Project Mu pads which are for sale on ebay, but a tad expensive.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
02-11-2005, 05:27 AM
Brakepads!
I'm just running AXXIS MetalMaster pads on drilled/slotted rotors... they seem ok, but i'm thinking of upgrading to EG6 front brakes...

oh yeah, and SS brake lines...

"Sometimes giving up isn't the answer we're looking for, but its the only answer we have"
02-11-2005, 05:49 AM
Brakepads!
I also run the PBR MetalMaster pads on Brembo/Bradi blanks and full SS lines. Have done very well for me at the last 2 trackdays aswell as aggressive back road driving.

http://www.hachiroku.net
02-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Brakepads!
I use AP Racing brake pads on my car and those surely bite very well plus they are made of ceramic. If i can remember correctly, the front set costs around $150 when i last bought it. The rear will cost much less.

[email protected]
03-11-2005, 01:22 AM
Brakepads!
I've gone through 2 sets of Mintex 1144's on the front of my car, they need changing again soon, I suffered terrible brake fade last weekend on a stage rally. Like foot-to-the-floor-why-aren't-I-slowing-down-what's-that-funny-smell type faded. When I re-route the rear brake lines inside the car I'll bleed the whole system through with dot 5.1 fluid, this should help.

What abouts disks? What do people recommend? I've still got OEM all round from when I bought the car about a year ago, was thinking of cross drilled and grooved on the front, are they worth the extra money?
03-11-2005, 02:31 AM
Brakepads!
Dont get cross drilled. Just grooved should suffice, as little as 4 grooves works fine. Most discs are crossdrilled after manufacturing, causing additional weakness in the disc..you dont need that. Most people argue that porsche uses cross drilled discs for performance, but those are cast like that. Serious racecars have discs with only a few grooves, they have better heat capacity and still keep the pads from glazing.
Another worthwile solution is installing brake ducts. I made some on my trackday volvo and it helped the stock brakes from fading for a long time. Cheap and effective if you ask me.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
03-22-2005, 10:23 PM
Brakepads!
Look what i've got for Jesse P!
2 front and one rear set of mintex racing break pads. Hurray!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brakepads oldskull 16 12,434 09-09-2006 09:34 AM
Last Post: oldskull
  ABS brakepads pics - 16 euro rear set Ryo 2 3,893 06-07-2005 04:49 PM
Last Post: Ivan141