Bought a Hachi today
09-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Bought a Hachi today
Is that a JDM bumper I see on the front of the red wreck?

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-07-2005, 10:34 AM
Bought a Hachi today
Ivan141 Wrote:Is that a JDM bumper I see on the front of the red wreck?
Nope, it looks exactly the same as mine. Undecided

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bought a Hachi today]
09-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Bought a Hachi today
Take a good look at the distance from the bottom of the headlights and the top of the bumper...the distance is 2 times as big on the USDM bumper as it is on the red bumper (which is what makes the USDM so ugly in my opinion).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Bought a Hachi today
Congrats !
Trueno can be SR5 - this is body style only :-) So your SR5 IS Trueno.
When you find SR5 AE86 in junkyards, take the gears and suspension components - the gears are the same as GTS ones but often - in better condition (due to 4AC instead 4AGE engine) and the suspension is good starting point for modifications (DIY). It is wise to take also ALL lights - front and rear ones.
09-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Bought a Hachi today
Ivan141 Wrote:Take a good look at the distance from the bottom of the headlights and the top of the bumper...the distance is 2 times as big on the USDM bumper as it is on the red bumper (which is what makes the USDM so ugly in my opinion).
It looks like a small strip to make it look more like a JDM bumper. The strip itself is painted in the same color as the car, while the bumper is black. If you look at the bumper itself it is a USDM bumper which is totally different from the Zenki JDM.

09-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Bought a Hachi today
SekiguchiUeno Wrote:zuerst moechte ich dir zu deiner 86 und zu deinen suchfahigkeiten gratulieren Smile

und moechte ich gleich fragen ob es moeglich ist eine trueno front aus einem schrottplatz zu besorgen, da ich ein altes hatchback besitze der einen frontalcrasch hate.

Die Trueno-Front von dem roten ist leider schon vergeben. Ein AE86-Fahrer aus Frankfurt will seinen Levin damit auf Trueno umbauen. Leider sind die Trueno in Deutschland sehr selten. Daher wird es schwer nochmal einen zum Schlachten zu finden.

banpei Wrote:Very good find! Thumbs up!
What about the papers? I thought the original owner left Germany without leaving the papers behind.. Dumb question

Yes, I bought it without any papers and even without a contract. The dealer gave me the car and I gave him 400 €. That´s ist. But I know a little bit non legal way to get papers for the car, but this means that I have to change the VIN-number...

Ivan141 Wrote:Is that a JDM bumper I see on the front of the red wreck?

No, it got an US-bumper, just like mine and that is what I hate on my Hachi.

Ivan141 Wrote:Take a good look at the distance from the bottom of the headlights and the top of the bumper...the distance is 2 times as big on the USDM bumper as it is on the red bumper (which is what makes the USDM so ugly in my opinion).

I´m agree 100 ! Because of that I will try to get a JDM-Zenki-front for my Hachi, even if this mean to spend much work and money to get it to Germany.
For the rear I already bought a EU-spec rearbumper from a guy from Austria (the 3door-Hachi was sold in Austria and Swizerland, but they never had the 2door-coupe witch was the only sold AE86 in Germany).

jamiemirror Wrote:Congrats !
Trueno can be SR5 - this is body style only :-) So your SR5 IS Trueno.
When you find SR5 AE86 in junkyards, take the gears and suspension components - the gears are the same as GTS ones but often - in better condition (due to 4AC instead 4AGE engine) and the suspension is good starting point for modifications (DIY). It is wise to take also ALL lights - front and rear ones.

I know that the gearbox is a weakpoint of the AE86. I had th change it on both Hachi´s I have owned in earlyer times. But I wasn´t sure that the SR5 had the same gears, but good to know. The front lights of the red Hachi on the junkyard go to another guy fron Germany who is planning to swap his Levin to Trueno. But I have found a Set of spare in my Hachi (tons of pieces are stocked in the car when I bought it). The rear lights don´t fit my Hachi because my one is a hatch and the read one is a coupe.

banpei Wrote:It looks like a small strip to make it look more like a JDM bumper. The strip itself is painted in the same color as the car, while the bumper is black. If you look at the bumper itself it is a USDM bumper which is totally different from the Zenki JDM.

It seams to depent on Zenki or Kouki if the car got that strip or not. My SR5 seams to be a Zenki, so it have a bigger grill and don´t have this painted strip. The red one on the junkyard seams to be a Kouki so it have this strip and a smaller grill.

Regards, Eric
Find all posts by this user
09-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Bought a Hachi today
how Much did you paid for that Trueno?

Daily Driving - My Bicycle
Rare Driving - My 88 pug205 GR 1.1 (50Hp)

http://www.fblog.noite.pt/luis_lemos
09-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Bought a Hachi today
MrOverclock Wrote:how Much did you paid for that Trueno?

He said already... :wink:

"..el camino's aren't supposed to make sense, craziness is what makes the world go around." - Car & Driver, 1984
09-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Bought a Hachi today
XLarge Wrote:I´m agree 100 ! Because of that I will try to get a JDM-Zenki-front for my Hachi, even if this mean to spend much work and money to get it to Germany.
For the rear I already bought a EU-spec rearbumper from a guy from Austria (the 3door-Hachi was sold in Austria and Swizerland, but they never had the 2door-coupe witch was the only sold AE86 in Germany).

It seams to depent on Zenki or Kouki if the car got that strip or not. My SR5 seams to be a Zenki, so it have a bigger grill and don´t have this painted strip. The red one on the junkyard seams to be a Kouki so it have this strip and a smaller grill.
Ah, right... I prefer the Kouki bumper over the Zenki, but in case you can arrange two Zenki fronts I'd be happy to share the costs with you (also depending on the actual costs). However Robokill bought a Zenki Levin bumper at the local Toyota dealer, so perhaps ordering a Trueno might be possible as well. Confused

Perhaps the strip will fit a Zenki US as well... I also might be interested in it, so if you are going to tear apart the car I might also be interested in that strip. Wink

09-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Bought a Hachi today
400 € But it have no papers, a unfinished 4A-GE-swap, the dashboard was riped out and some parts are missing.

Regards, Eric

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant oldeskewltoy 98 46,803 10-18-2023 10:09 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Bought a Ae86 and super scared cause of rust can any one hel adamsaiyad 19 19,519 12-02-2009 02:29 AM
Last Post: [Walaki]D`Lair