Bought a Hachi today
09-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Bought a Hachi today
banpei Wrote:Ah, right... I prefer the Kouki bumper over the Zenki, ..

I prefer the Zenki because I don´t like the bigger lights of the Kouki.

banpei Wrote:...However Robokill bought a Zenki Levin bumper at the local Toyota dealer, so perhaps ordering a Trueno might be possible as well. Confused...

This is the way I will try at first. Find a member who got a JDM-Trueno as Zenki, find someone who has a working JDM-EPC-programm to find out what parts I´ll need for the swap and asking the friend of me, who work at Toyota Germany in the parts depot to ask for the prices. After that I will decide of ordering or not ordering. Second way will be to find a shop who imports a nice looking aftermarket front. But I don´t found a nice looking aftermarket front untill now.

banpei Wrote:Perhaps the strip will fit a Zenki US as well... I also might be interested in it, so if you are going to tear apart the car I might also be interested in that strip. Wink

Some guys from the german Toyota-Forum are planning to meet on the junkyard, where the red one is located on saturday and tear it apart, but one of this guys want all the frontendparts to swap his Levin. So he will take the strip too, I think.

Regards, Eric
Find all posts by this user
09-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Bought a Hachi today
XLarge Wrote:Some guys from the german Toyota-Forum are planning to meet on the junkyard, where the red one is located on saturday and tear it apart, but one of this guys want all the frontendparts to swap his Levin. So he will take the strip too, I think.
Aww... Too bad. Undecided
Ah, well, more reason to go for the JDM bumper... Wink
I personally like the bigger lights, but unfortunately it doesn't look too well with my coupe rear lights, so that's why I'm doubting and might go for the zenki bumper instead...

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bought a Hachi today]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Bought a Hachi today
I think it won´t be a problem to order a Kouki-front for You additional to the Zenki-one for me if I can order the parts from my friend at Toyota Germany. He just need the partnumbers. With that he can order JDM-parts too. This way I got the gaskable for the 4A-GZE-swap on my MR2 from him too. Took some time to get it, but it was no problem.

I more like the Zenki look because I will give my Trueno a pandalook in two different silvertones. The upper half will getting a bright silver and the lower half a darker silver. The strips on the side and the strips on the bumbers will getting the bright silver. With the Zenki-front it wil more be a straight line all around the car, I think.

Regards, Eric
09-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Bought a Hachi today
XLarge Wrote:I think it won´t be a problem to order a Kouki-front for You additional to the Zenki-one for me if I can order the parts from my friend at Toyota Germany.

Regards, Eric
Yeah, but if you order it at toyota it won't make any difference to me ordering it in Holland. Wink

Found the partnumbers, but dunno if they are correct:
Zenki bumper: 52119-12140

See also: http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic.php?t=1775

09-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Bought a Hachi today
banpei Wrote:
XLarge Wrote:I think it won´t be a problem to order a Kouki-front for You additional to the Zenki-one for me if I can order the parts from my friend at Toyota Germany.

Regards, Eric
Yeah, but if you order it at toyota it won't make any difference to me ordering it in Holland. Wink

The guy, I´m buying the parts from is a good friend of me, so the different will be the price. He is an employe of Toyota Germany, so he get better prices than us from a normal dealer around the corner.
09-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Bought a Hachi today
XLarge Wrote:The guy, I´m buying the parts from is a good friend of me, so the different will be the price. He is an employe of Toyota Germany, so he get better prices than us from a normal dealer around the corner.
Cool! Thumbs up!
Then it makes a difference indeed! Smile

09-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Bought a Hachi today
You do know that the EPC software is somewhere on the net to download, including the japanese database? I got mine from somewhere but don't remember where exactly - I just didn't download the japanese database...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant oldeskewltoy 98 46,016 10-18-2023 10:09 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Bought a Ae86 and super scared cause of rust can any one hel adamsaiyad 19 19,384 12-02-2009 02:29 AM
Last Post: [Walaki]D`Lair