12-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Best setup for drifting...
PatrickAE86 Wrote:add me on msn or so for some gossip...Smile
YES thank you!!! (gedaan)

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
Find all posts by this user
12-30-2010, 01:28 PM
pm jouw spul ook f.. want ik zie nix.. add ik jouw ook..

'87 levin coupé
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Best setup for drifting...]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Okami, did you read the threads by Zax?
What I'm trying to get you to realise is that Zax was out there learning, drifting and eventually winning championships in an AE86 that is much similar to yours *right now*.
You already have everything you need to participate. Its not the car that's holding you back, its ->YOU<- that's holding you back. You want a reliable tool to learn driving and drifting in, but you already own one..

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
12-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Basic message. I', not trying to be mean to you, although it probably seems like that (always does, I'm not good with keyboards). What I am saying is GO and have fun!

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
12-30-2010, 02:29 PM
NoHachi Wrote:Basic message. I', not trying to be mean to you, although it probably seems like that (always does, I'm not good with keyboards). What I am saying is GO and have fun!

I know bro Big Grin just been talking to patrick and I again have learned a lot...
I am going to think about all of this and talk with the garage owner etc.
All I can say is I am very happy that you guys always help me!
Thanks!

I just wanna be sure at what I do... I know more power doesnt mean more drift... but it can help a lot... and I just love turbo's - cant help it... just how I like big real boobs on girls - I CANT HELP IT!!! Big Grin LOL...

I can either go all out on a engine with turbo - or I can save up some cash for nice stuff like rims and paintjob and add 2 way diff etc.
So no worries its gonna be cool either way Big Grin but I need to think about this.

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
12-30-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm confused. My personal advice - spend your money on seattime, it's the sole best thing to do if you are learning to drift. If you realy must change something, go for a 4.7 r&p and a lighter flywheel that'll help with the reving. You'll be able to learn way more about drifting like that then sticking a 250hp engine into it, probably suffering from massive reliability issues and so on. If you need a turbo to drift buy a Nissan S-body, would fit your budget too and has to 200-250hp from the get go depending on model.

I'm in the process of building a more powerfull 16V but not down to the need for power or speed but for the urge to build.

Hope that helps.

PS: I know it sounds hard but train your skills instead of feeding steroids to your car.

Drugs are bad mkay Wink

AE86 ex-daily
12-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Bean Bandit Wrote:PS: I know it sounds hard but train your skills instead of feeding steroids to your car.

Drugs are bad mkay Wink

It doesnt sound hard lol... thanks for this man! really!

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
12-30-2010, 03:05 PM
On another note if you current diff is on it's last leg you might want to rebuild it or get a kaaz or similar, what ever ends up cheaper for you. (I'm about to test the Weirperformance kit in spring)
Oh and to back my statement above have a look at Ueo's history and/or whatch them old MSC and D1 vids - you'll find out that lots of the cars have an almost untouched engine. An if Ueo was able to compete in D1 with 160hp in his early years I'm certain you'll befine to start learning with 130 Wink

AE86 ex-daily
12-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Bean Bandit Wrote:I'm certain you'll befine to start learning with 130 Wink

you ass Wink Cool LOL

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  front setup gtapex 2 7,464 12-11-2016 06:27 AM
Last Post: fantapants
  Drift setup, choices on a budget ggrahl 13 22,129 05-28-2013 05:32 PM
Last Post: Rascal21
  Drifting with stock power on the dry AshCampbell 47 54,229 05-23-2012 02:22 PM
Last Post: phill 92
  Drifting Lelystad New Vid check bottom Okami 9 15,813 03-14-2011 10:47 PM
Last Post: Okami
  DRIFTING IN ROMANIA spawns 5 8,786 09-09-2010 01:32 PM
Last Post: spawns