Best choice for stability...
03-17-2007, 01:40 PM
what is the best choise for stability besides of coil-over kits.

because we can't buy because of our customs. Angry
Find all posts by this user
03-17-2007, 02:00 PM
stability it's not all about coilovers.
coilover is just a set up.

suspension is far more than just the springs and dampers. changing those doesn't have to mean you get stability

anyway u can make your own custum coilover set form your ae86 strut case.

look for the tech ref about the suspension.

mux has some project thread about coilover and there's the famous club4ag tech ref.

cheers

Philip
03-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Theres also a thread opened by Rasteirinho that talks about sway bars and how they can influence the perfomance of the car.

http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/stabilize...ney/t/4460

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Best choice for stability...]
CumpĀ“s
Filipe Oliveira
03-17-2007, 04:30 PM
what do YOU mean by stable? Stable isn't really descriptive enough, can you tell us what you want... and more importantly what you do NOT want?

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
03-17-2007, 05:14 PM
What i imagine under the term "stable" is that a car isnt twichy, isnt loosing ground over bumps, has a neutral balance, good grip with minimised roll and that you can feel the outputs of the car, making the ride predictable and comfortable to push hard. That would mean you need to know where you'll be driving and how. When rallying stiff springrates will make the car bouncy, when on track, soft springs will make the car roll alot and throw you all over the place.. So ther is no optimal solution for all aplications. Only the best aproximation to ones needs.
03-17-2007, 06:07 PM
absolutely i mean i just want coil-over for my car. but i said at the top of the page i cant buy any coil over kit Sad

so i am looking for some parts (eibach springs with koni dampers or something like that) which are equivalent of coil-over...

in addition i want to make daily driver drift-car is it possible??

thanx
03-17-2007, 09:48 PM
I think with Koni dampers and Espelir GT springs you will have a good suspension. Espelir GT springs lowers your car 40 mm front and rear. Front springs are 4.0 kg/mm and rear are 3.1 kg/mm. I think it hard to get closer to coilover suspension then this. Am I right guys?

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Best choice for stability...]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
03-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Huh? What is so special about coilovers? Its just ordinary springs with an adjustable perch (that you'll probably adjust exactly once in your lifetime). You can do short stroke conversions with ordinary springs too..its just a bit more difficult.

TRD springs are available in the same ranges as typical coilover springs, no difference there..Just cut the shorten the strut cartridge above the springperch on very low vehicles, or you'll be on the bumpstops all the time.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  which is the best quality flywheel brand for 4age smallport? LyndonAE86 NZ 8 12,592 12-06-2012 01:20 AM
Last Post: Bean
  Best thing I have done to my car yet! phill 92 7 6,983 07-16-2012 02:19 PM
Last Post: gt4st205
  Best country to import "rust free" ae86? EJ20 6 6,822 03-27-2012 06:57 PM
Last Post: zenki
  Best paint color for the 86? heshan 12 11,825 06-15-2010 10:51 PM
Last Post: sergiocharged
  Best modification totta Crolla 10 9,918 05-23-2008 02:00 AM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy