Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter'
01-28-2014, 05:38 PM
Intriguing news from BC Racing USA

After much back and forth asking for damper dyno graphs and infos - the last reply I just received is that they will valve them as close as they can to specific needs. i.e. I tell them what I want and they'll make it happen (their words). Huh

Still not sure if I go down that road yet but it's definitely interesting considering you can get custom damped suspension all around including spindles and springs for less than 2k euro.

I'll wait and see how Lajoosh plans are turning out and check if I can get some info meanwhile on the Blitz ZZ-R Spec-C (retail ~1800$).

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-28-2014, 07:28 PM
What happened about your impromptu swimming pool???

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
Find all posts by this user
01-28-2014, 07:39 PM
oldeskewltoy Wrote:What happened about your impromptu swimming pool???

Fixed it, fortunately the weather was hot enough and most of it dried up quickly and the rest has been cleaned out before getting through the insulation. The seats are still a bit smelly but nothing that can't be fixed. The damage to the underside was more annoying but that's fixed now too.

AE86 ex-daily
01-29-2014, 10:55 AM
I can add that the dw cs2 coilovers are made in the same factory as the hsd. I have a set and i even think there is a sticker on them somewhere that says hsd.

Personally i choose the dw cs2 for the inverted monotube design and i read some good reviews.

There is a guy in australia called ajps (ajps.com.au) that can make you coilovers with almost any kind of shock i believe. Perhaps he can help you

AE86 Levin
01-29-2014, 11:31 AM
bozu Wrote:I can add that the dw cs2 coilovers are made in the same factory as the hsd. I have a set and i even think there is a sticker on them somewhere that says hsd.

Personally i choose the dw cs2 for the inverted monotube design and i read some good reviews.

There is a guy in australia called ajps (ajps.com.au) that can make you coilovers with almost any kind of shock i believe. Perhaps he can help you

Driftworks is the European distributor for HSD Wink so yes all their own branded suspension is from HSD.

AJPS do coilover conversions based on the stock strut - this I can do myself for a lot less.

The DW CS2 are too drift oriented for me and the dampers are similarly over damping on rebound to make the car oversteer in easier controlled manner.

What I'm trying to get is a more Nürburgring oriented setup that can deal better with pumbs and potholes Smile

There is a chance that BC is made by HSD too but not sure about that.

I know a lot of the options out there unfortunately don't have the luxury to test them all myself so I'd rather opt for something custom tailored to my likeing.

AE86 ex-daily
01-29-2014, 01:02 PM
I went to a guy who has made a ton of setups for evo,imprezza,ae86,gt4 rallycars and let him make me a set.
Mine is a rally setup who also works on circuit.

I would always prefer to go to a shop and let them make a set while i have input than buy something that is just a general setup for a car.

Not sure where you live now but surely there must be some rallyshops nearby?
01-29-2014, 01:15 PM
ditn Wrote:I went to a guy who has made a ton of setups for evo,imprezza,ae86,gt4 rallycars and let him make me a set.
Mine is a rally setup who also works on circuit.

I would always prefer to go to a shop and let them make a set while i have input than buy something that is just a general setup for a car.

Not sure where you live now but surely there must be some rallyshops nearby?

I currently live in Tel Aviv and the best I can get here is a of the shelf tuning shop with no experience on AE86 whatsoever. So it's all down to my own research experience.
I pretty much know what I want it's just a matter of time and money to decide what road to go down.

AE86 ex-daily
03-07-2014, 08:57 PM
contact me... please... I've got some goodies for you

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
03-08-2014, 08:06 PM
oldeskewltoy Wrote:contact me... please... I've got some goodies for you

will call you later today Smile

AE86 ex-daily
04-28-2014, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2014 08:54 PM by Bean.)
finally one of my research seems to have come to an end - unless I receive a very good offer in the next few weeks from KW - I will go with *drumroll*

Stance - they offer me a custom set of coilovers for ~2150euros, including spindles which are height adjustable and to make this any different from other options they are 3-Ways. Meaning instead of the very common combined adjustability for rebound and compression; these offer 15 levels off rebound, 15 levels of low speed compression and 4 levels of high speed compression adjustment.

this looks something like this:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']

and here a graph of a single/combined adjustable damper they had on file for similar spring rates I asked for (6/4.5kg). I did an overlay of NoHachi's study - the 3-ways will allow for a bigger and more precise range of adjustment. Blue= full soft, black = full stiff, red = NoHachi's approximation.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

AE86 ex-daily