Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter'
10-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Yes moving the mounts does work along with adjustment of the four link bars both in length and height.
I found this article useful.
http://www.afcoracing.com/tech_pages/panhard.shtml

An analogue brain in a digital World
Find all posts by this user
10-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Yes moving the mounts does work along with adjustment of the four link bars both in length and height.
I found this article useful.
http://www.afcoracing.com/tech_pages/panhard.shtml

An analogue brain in a digital World
10-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Bean Bandit Wrote:
NoHachi Wrote:Price for spindles from BC racing?

finally got all the prices from BC USA (might be cheaper if you manage to order direct from Taiwan):

ER Series (independen bump/rebound adjustment and external reservoir):
[list]fronts only US$ 1140
full kit US$ 2150
Lower mount/spindles US$ 425 each![/list:u]

BR series spindles are US$ 250 each

both ER and BR sereis are available with custom spring rates for the front but they only have 6kg for the rear.

I'm a bit puzzled as why the ERs are so much more considering the only difference as far as I know is a window slot on the side to accomodate the extension cable for the damper adjustment.

Will try to get more info but think I'll have to lay low a bit before I start annoying the sales guy Smile

EDITED the previous post with some more and corrected info.

I reviewed the info I received today with a clear head and was shocked at the price for the ER series lower mounts. As it turns out the reason for this is that they come with the damper included. They still allow height adjustability, the reason why it's combined is due to the adjustment being on the bottom and routed through the mount via an extension to the external canister. I also asked for damper dyno data and Tim (very friendly and promt service I have to mention) will try and get it.
Also the above quoted price for the front only ER series of US$ 1140 do not include spindles, with spindles it's US$ 1290.

Last but not least I just send a shit load of questions of to STANCE - we'll see what and if they answer.

PS: @NoHachi: if I get the damper dyno graph I hope you could help me interpret it. My container hasn't arrived yet and so I'm still missing my main computer with my collected data and all my books.

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2013, 08:13 AM
That will be one expensive set of shocks once its all said and done. 2000€ will get you pretty close to intrax/moton/rieger/AST/proflex/etc

orrr

http://rallyrace.net/jvab/spgm/index.php?spgmGal=AE86

I can take a look at the shocks for you, but you'll have to do the grunt work and send me a xls or csv file with shock velocity VS force lifted from the graph you get. That makes it easier to lift into Matlab. Who knows, they might be ok.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
10-03-2013, 08:59 AM
NoHachi Wrote:That will be one expensive set of shocks once its all said and done. 2000€ will get you pretty close to intrax/moton/rieger/AST/proflex/etc

orrr

http://rallyrace.net/jvab/spgm/index.php?spgmGal=AE86

I can take a look at the shocks for you, but you'll have to do the grunt work and send me a xls or csv file with shock velocity VS force lifted from the graph you get. That makes it easier to lift into Matlab. Who knows, they might be ok.

Cheers. Guess I'll have some more emails to send out

AE86 ex-daily
10-30-2013, 09:33 PM
So tomorrow my car will finally be back with me. Furthermore, in about three weeks a new member is going to join the car family. It was a deal that was just to sweet to pass, despite the slight overkill of style it represents.
Say hello to my new daily driver:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']
It's a 2007 LS460 Base model (i.e. not the long version) with all the nice options that go with it (Mark Levinson stereo, heated and cooled seats and so forth). It's a bit of a high mileage car at 159'000km but then again it's a Toyota so this one is just getting started Smile

Now to the probably bad news. Some dipshit (excuse my french) opened the sunroof of my Corolla somewhere on it's four month journey and didn't figure out how to close it again. Furthermore he didn't recon taping some plastic sheet over it would be a decent thing to do either. So low and behold the mover who does the final delivery just told me a few hours ago that he found quite a bit of water inside. I don't know how much and how sever it is but considering the only rust spots I had so far were a few small spots on the arches I'm more than a bit pissed. Anyhow there's not much I can do right now apart from waiting for tomorrow to see for myself. Needless to stay that the insurance company will hear from me with a hefty bill whatever the outcome (Fortunately the car is insured at actual market value and not some silly book value that neglects the fact it's a collectors item).

Off to drink and sleep now.

PS: no news yet on the suspension front as I was too busy sorting other things out.

AE86 ex-daily
10-30-2013, 11:13 PM
That's terrible news! Angry
I hope the damage isn't that bad.

BTW: I see you have a CD license plate. Is that going to stay (e.g. work for the embassy? ) or will you get another plate?

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']
10-31-2013, 07:09 AM
banpei Wrote:That's terrible news! Angry
I hope the damage isn't that bad.

BTW: I see you have a CD license plate. Is that going to stay (e.g. work for the embassy? ) or will you get another plate?

CD plate is staying (well not that particular one), haven't had anything else now for several years Smile

AE86 ex-daily
01-16-2014, 07:35 PM
So it took a while but finally received the dyno graph from BC Smile

NoHachi: I'll put the info into an csv and post it too - so you can maybe plot some spring rates to it when you get the time Wave ADDED

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

AE86 ex-daily
01-25-2014, 07:57 PM
I looked up NoHachi's supension rambling thread and it seems that the BC coilovers valving is pretty much off all over the place for rebound.
For example the softest setting on rebound seems okish (just a tad too hard) at higher speeds but only half the 'hardness' for handling.

On the compression side somewhere between lvl 16 and 32 there's probably a usable value.

I now asked if there is a chance to get them valved differently.

AE86 ex-daily