Another from the UK.
10-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Another from the UK.
Hello All.

been searching for an 86 for the last year or so and finally got one a few weeks ago. I can only thank the previous owner in Japan for making a nice job of the car as the spec is fairly extensive (which is nice).

It's a 1985 Levin GT fully rebuilt from the shell and resprayed in Toyota Supra White. TRD adjustable suspension, 2Way LSD, Cusco Rear Links, Front and Rear strut braces, brake cylinder support bracket. Battlespec panhard rod, fully poly bushings. Half Roll Cage.

Engine is fully rebuilt on AE92 block pistons rods and crank. TRD head gasket, headwork, big valves and think camshafts, adjustable pullys. ITBS, bigger injectors, freedom ECU, trust tubular manifold and Apexi N1 exhaust.

(Photos credit to alex)
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Another from the UK.]

Regards Ian.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-15-2004, 12:57 AM
Another from the UK.
Welcome,....AWESOME car!! It is a thing of beauty. Was it expensive to import from japan?

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-15-2004, 01:12 AM
Another from the UK.
Hi,

I only wish I could take credit for how the car is - but unfortunately I have not done a thing to it. I will start to make my own additions very soon - its crying out for a quickshift.

A nice chap called alex (another UK '86 addict) delt with importing the car from Japan. He had a black Levin prior to this one. He only kept this car for a short while before selling it to me (he has plans for building a turbo'd 4a-ge motor for another 86).

I saw some poor to average cars over the last year - even really bad examples have been selling for £3 and average ones for £4K. I figured if I got one of those it would cost me a small fortune to get it to the standard I wanted. This car has most of what I want so a little over £5K got me a great spec car. There are many cars available on the Yahoo Auctions japan. I think with the right contacts there are similar spec cars available.

It seems a lot for those who don't appreciate what these cars are - but I get a huge amount of enjoyment from it and that is priceless.

Regards Ian.
10-15-2004, 01:41 AM
Another from the UK.
Welcome Ian.

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
10-15-2004, 01:53 AM
Another from the UK.
Glad you signed up mate.
Find all posts by this user
10-15-2004, 08:10 AM
Another from the UK.
Welcome Ian - Sweet car :!:

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
10-15-2004, 08:21 AM
Another from the UK.
Holy mother god Huh Evil

NICE LEVIN (did he had a black levin with pics on club4ag???)

It looks cool great mods to say don't kill the car

what its bhp

the styling is cool i love the rear the bumper is difrent but very cool and fits its cute butt :-)

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
10-15-2004, 08:50 AM
Another from the UK.
Hi Ian,

Welcome on our board, its been said by everyone here but I gotta say it to, that car looks awesome!!!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-15-2004, 09:06 AM
Another from the UK.
Yes, I think alex's black car was on the club4ag forums at some point in time.

I have a dyno chart from japan which shows somewhere between 170-180bhp at nearly 9000rpm.

I would like to get the car on a rolling road/dyno and use an oxygen probe to make sure the car is not running too lean on the UK 98RON fuel.

One of my other concerns is that if the map in the ECU is not perfect for the UK it will be pretty hard to remap it. The Freedom ECU is very good but unfortunately there is no english mapping software I know of - unless you guys know different. If this is the case I may have to remove this ECU and look at something else (maybe DTA, Emerald or even megasquirt - dont want to pay silly motec money)

A few people who have been for a ride are not convinced of the power claims. I think it feels brisk - but I am also used to driving a car that has 450bhp/tonne so most normal performance cars seem brisk but not fast.

Will was right about these forums - you are a good bunch and are making me feel very much at home.

Regards Ian.
10-15-2004, 09:08 AM
Another from the UK.
Okay, to be orginial (but I mean it): AWESOME CAR! Big Grin

It's getting crowded over here with awesome cars. Tongue

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop: