Another Swede signs on
10-18-2004, 05:46 PM
Another Swede signs on
Hi!

My first post. I'll just go ahead and introduce my self here then.
Well I was christened Johan some 30 odd years ago. I've always been a big fan of straightforward, lightweight and uncompromisingly fun drivers cars. Either in their standard form or as mildly modified.
As such the "Hachi Roku" fits the bill rather nicely, wouldn't You agree?

No. I do not own one, not yet anyway. Actually I do not expect to own one anytime soon or even ever, but my eyes and ears are always open if the exact right one would suddenly appear one day and be up for grabs. Not very likely, I know, but it could happen, couldn't it?

Unfortunately there's not that many "perfect specimens" around. Not only as it's just gaining in popularity here in the old world.
In Sweden, as I expect You've all figured out by now is the place on earth I choose to call home, Toyota never even introduced the AE86 model Corolla. There's a handfull of late imports and perhaps the odd rally or race machine besides the ones I know of personally but that's pretty much it.

Meanwhile I'll just stay tuned here to check out the action and lear more about the one truly fun Corolla that Toyota made. Nice initiative this site!

Cheers!
Find all posts by this user
10-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Another Swede signs on
Hi there Johan,

Welcome to the site. I hope you'll find that hachi your looking for sometime. In the meantime you can entertain yourself over here off coarse. Your not the only one without an ae86 on the forum, but if you have some opinions or knowledge to share thats always welcome.
BTW, a 'perfect specimen' is something you should just forget about unless you are very wealthy...20 years of use take their toll on a car.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-18-2004, 07:43 PM
Another Swede signs on
Ivan141 Wrote:Hi there Johan,

a 'perfect specimen' is something you should just forget about unless you are very wealthy...20 years of use take their toll on a car.

Yep. I'm painfully aware of the condition to expect from an almost twenty year old used car. Especically cars all but a select and enlightened few actually thought much of only a couple of years ago.
Hence the quote marks on either side.

I don't expect to find a perfect minter and would probably never pay near the price asked for one at the moment.
If I can find one with the right specs and in what I consider to be a fair condition, that doesn't need to much work (or new rear fenders!) I will definetly talk shop with the owner.
10-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Another Swede signs on
Welcome on board! Smile
You should meet Kristian from Sweden, ha has best ae86 from sweden to the north pole!

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
10-18-2004, 10:50 PM
Another Swede signs on
ZaX Wrote:Welcome on board! Smile
You should meet Kristian from Sweden, ha has best ae86 from sweden to the north pole!

Zax my man...

he has driven it sideways....

Not that many have driven my car i can honestly say Smile

Välkommen Johan !

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
10-18-2004, 11:43 PM
Another Swede signs on
KristianAE86 Wrote:Zax my man...

he has driven it sideways....

Not that many have driven my car i can honestly say Smile
I doubt if many have the guts to try driving it. Tongue

Anyway Johan: welcome! Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Another Swede signs on]
10-19-2004, 08:14 AM
Another Swede signs on
Thanks for the welcome. Feels good to be here.
And yes Kristians ride is cooking. Stripped out and hardcore. An experience that makes You either hate all Hachis - or love them.
Many thanks for the drive!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another swede onboard cp joel 13 10,499 06-27-2005 12:20 PM
Last Post: BOOMEX
  Another Swede PDE 23 16,458 04-11-2005 01:21 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Yet another Swede. MrThunder 10 8,961 11-23-2004 11:41 PM
Last Post: Mux213