Almost lost my license:(
10-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Damnit taking you license for unintentional drift when wet? He should've given you Kudos for not crashing.

I did almost the same thing on snow with my old beemer, didn't see the cops coming from the rear in an intersection, and it was unintentional. The bad thing is that this was in the town centre where cars aren't allowed to drive faster than people walk, like 2-3 km/h.

I picked up a couple of friends, headed to the freeway, on my way to work, took of the freeway, THEN they stopped me, like 4 km's later. The cop walked up to the car and i pulled down my window, he asked me to turn off the car... The problem here was that i didn't have any key cylinder in there, so i pulled out this HUGE screwdriver (like 25 cm) and turned the car off. The funny thing is that i just bought the car and it wasn't written on me yet... lol.
They took me to the police car and gave me a little talk. "Drifting in front of the police isn't that clever, eh?"
I just replied... "Um... no."

Dori dori! Hurray!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Almost lost my license:(]
Find all posts by this user
10-19-2005, 04:09 PM
If you were in US....

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Expected from guys that vote Bush Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Almost lost my license:(] http://www.jdmbits.com
10-19-2005, 06:50 PM
mux213 Wrote:Damnit, this is one way to start your wednesday morning...

Woke up late, got into my car, it was drizzling outside but wasn't paying attention to it, drove away, reached the first stoplight and took the corner kinda fast. Stupid stupid stupid! Its WET idiot, so wheeeeh, oversteer... Caught her but wasn't pretty.. Definately woke up right away.. Desided to take it easy...

2 streets down the road I see this motorcop in my rearview mirror signing me to pull over....

Turns out he saw my little accident, also saw my driftworks sticker on the back, put 2 and 2 together and desided I did this thing on purpose.

Had a long talk with the guy, in the end, not totally convinced, he desided to give me a brake and not take my license. I will however be getting a fine...

Told my wife...

Not sure what I'm afraid off more, the bill or the wife... I guess both....

Anyways, I feel like shit right now...

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
cops are so fucked up these days
dutch on: ik had mijn auto apk gekeurd, en toen kreeg ik nog een steekproef ook, maar niks aan de hand want hij was goed bevonden....
3 dagen later word ik aan de kant gezet alsof ik een crimineel was Angry
"je krijgt een bekeuring omdat je donker glas hebt en dat is ook rdw niet toegestaan!"dus ik zeg"hij is net apk gekeurd MET een steekproef van het rdw" maar er viel totaal niet mee te praten en dus heb ik er weer een geel papiertje bij(95 euro!!) en een rechtzaak want ik denk(en vind)dat het rdw en de politie maar eens op 1 lijn moeten gaan werken!!!!en niet over alles moeten zeiken en zeuren want ik begin steeds meer te denken dat het om de centen gaat hier in dit land!!!! Confused
dutch off:
jep jep just follow the rules and (you think Angry ) you gonna be okay Hurray!

goodluck with the ticked Thumbs up!

the police is youre best friend!!!!!!!!!! fuck them Evil

sr86 completed!!........漂うことのマスター!!!!
10-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Thats Dutch cops for you Banging head
10-19-2005, 07:27 PM
yeah they really suck!!! they give you a ticked for nothing Huh

sr86 completed!!........漂うことのマスター!!!!
10-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Whow, finally got chance to read this thread...

I have no idea what the fine will be, I am thinking more and more that if it turns out to be alot that I will send in a complaint. I can't argue with the fact that I did go into that corner with to much throttle and I should know better, but its not like I drift on the streets, most people who know me know that I have trouble drifting on a parkinglot out of fear the police will come around, let alone in public.. Thats why I go to trackdaysSmile

And yeah, they charged me with reckless driving...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-20-2005, 08:56 AM
Quote:Web racer
Canterbury News Release 3:01pm 19 October 2005
A 21 year old Christchurch man appeared in court this afternoon charged with reckless driving - all because he posted pictures of himself driving recklessly on the internet.

Christchurch Police received numerous complaints from New Zealand and overseas when the pictures of the driver and vehicle performing by racer type offending on a public street, appeared on a web page, says Inspector Derek Erasmus.

"As a result we made inquiries into the incident," he says. "Members of the public recognised the street and police were able to track down the owner of the car through the registration seen on the internet and identified the driver through analysis of the film on the internet."

The video showed burnt outs and loss of traction, spinning and all sorts of behaviour that was of danger to other road users. It ended with the vehicle crashing on the side of the road.

"Other cars could be seen passing by," says Derek Erasmus. "He was the author of his own demise. If you perform a criminal act, we shall pursue you."

NB'
He pleased guilty at first appearance and was disqualified from driving for 9 months, and received 120 hours community work.
10-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Jamie completely different story, in my oppinion, based on what is written there (dont know the whole story) that guy deserves that...

Often at drift events I see people drifting there cars on the parking lot where the other cars are parked MAD MAD MAD even if you know what you are doing its still very stupid.... do it where you are supposed to do it!

Misjudging a situation and then getting into it by accident, that is a very different story...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-20-2005, 10:18 AM
mux213 Wrote:Jamie completely different story, in my oppinion, based on what is written there (dont know the whole story) that guy deserves that...
It is a different story, but looking at movies by some other people it might become the same on this forum. You never know who will be watching your vid. Tongue

Don't forget those guys with the Enzo got accused by the police as well. Dunno if they ever were prosecuted, but atleast Donner found some ground to charge them on. Undecided

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It almost makes me hate Toyota... Mux213 5 4,835 09-02-2005 01:30 PM
Last Post: Jezza_hr