Almost lost my license:(
10-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Damnit, this is one way to start your wednesday morning...

Woke up late, got into my car, it was drizzling outside but wasn't paying attention to it, drove away, reached the first stoplight and took the corner kinda fast. Stupid stupid stupid! Its WET idiot, so wheeeeh, oversteer... Caught her but wasn't pretty.. Definately woke up right away.. Desided to take it easy...

2 streets down the road I see this motorcop in my rearview mirror signing me to pull over....

Turns out he saw my little accident, also saw my driftworks sticker on the back, put 2 and 2 together and desided I did this thing on purpose.

Had a long talk with the guy, in the end, not totally convinced, he desided to give me a brake and not take my license. I will however be getting a fine...

Told my wife...

Not sure what I'm afraid off more, the bill or the wife... I guess both....

Anyways, I feel like shit right now...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
10-19-2005, 11:38 AM
This is strange. Last night I had a dream I got my license taken away for speeding. I also had the same incident as you about a week ago but it wasnt as bad since it was late at night with no one on the road so i had room to move over.
10-19-2005, 11:45 AM
They take your license for that? Besides, can't you do anything about it if he takes your license? I mean, since when is it the cops job to pass judgement on whether or not you did it on purpose? You are a citizen and you are supposed to be innocent until proven otherwise. And spinning the car on the wet + driftworks sticker is not good enough proof. What if you were an old man and your son had put the sticker there? Would he fine you? NO. So he speculated and that's not his job.

Anyway, how much do you have to pay man?
Damn... That is quite hard. Undecided
What did he fine you for? Reckless driving? Confused

Time to swap the sticker for a Levin sticker. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Almost lost my license:(]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I dont know what kind of fine you should expect mux..but that driftworks sticker sure didnt help, and you rarely drift as it is..
I guess he could fine you for reckless driving, but do they also give fines to people who slide around in the snow, or people who understeer out of corners in the rain? I think you should be able to protest the fine...if your speed was within the legal limits (as far as can be established) then you could argue that the rear wheel drive with LSD can be tricky on slippery roads, and that it caught you off-guard that morning.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-19-2005, 11:46 AM
How much is the ammount to pay there????

Here "dangerous manouvers" are rated 167 euros and 7 points at the point system Angry

You keep your license tho...

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Almost lost my license:(] http://www.jdmbits.com
10-19-2005, 11:51 AM
Dorito86 Wrote:They take your license for that? Besides, can't you do anything about it if he takes your license? I mean, since when is it the cops job to pass judgement on whether or not you did it on purpose? You are a citizen and you are supposed to be innocent until proven otherwise. And spinning the car on the wet + driftworks sticker is not good enough proof. What if you were an old man and your son had put the sticker there? Would he fine you? NO. So he speculated and that's not his job.

Anyway, how much do you have to pay man?

You are a wise man Respect! Respect! Respect! Respect!

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Almost lost my license:(] http://www.jdmbits.com
10-19-2005, 11:59 AM
Sorry fot this, man.
Recently, when I crashed (drifting), I was wearing my AE86 T-Shirt, with my car on the front and the http://www.driftclub.com page, with the explanantion (with diagrams) HOW TO DRIFTSmile.
Thanks got I was with my friends in the mounteens and no police came in this time!
Its a dangerous game with the police and your luck...

"..el camino's aren't supposed to make sense, craziness is what makes the world go around." - Car & Driver, 1984
10-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Sorry officer. The road was slippery .....

It's a very good excuse, when you are cought drifting...

Lasse

I still play with cars......
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Almost lost my license:(]
10-19-2005, 12:28 PM
I guess the "bad" days started 3 days ago when i hit a wooden box full of garbage on the edge of a close right turn... Sad
Happily only thing happened was some scratches on my bumber and right plastic piece under the sidelight ... Sad
BE CAREFUL GUYS!!!

AE86 FANATIC!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It almost makes me hate Toyota... Mux213 5 4,838 09-02-2005 01:30 PM
Last Post: Jezza_hr