Advice on car im about to buy needed!
05-30-2012, 03:02 PM
sup fella's, I am looking at buying a 86 levin hatch with 168,000 miles on it. i will b usiong this as my daily and was planning on doin some engine upgrades but not anytin to crazy. What i wona know is isit reliable enough for a daily ??? anything i should expect with that kinda milage ???
cheers
Find all posts by this user
05-30-2012, 03:29 PM
The subject is covered million times.
There is buying guide on aeu86 also, other can be found on many other AE86 enthusiasts forums/blogs.

Long story short: if the car was taken care of, and body/chassis is good (no or small rust) 150k miles is nothing for 4AGE and AE86.
But... little rust is kind of impossible for northern hemisphere and cold/wet climate, and it's hard to be sure someone has taken good care of a car that's 25 years old.

Even shorter: take a good look at it.
05-30-2012, 03:51 PM
25 year old car reliable daily rarely makes

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
05-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Uzelac Wrote:The subject is covered million times.
There is buying guide on aeu86 also, other can be found on many other AE86 enthusiasts forums/blogs.

Long story short: if the car was taken care of, and body/chassis is good (no or small rust) 150k miles is nothing for 4AGE and AE86.
But... little rust is kind of impossible for northern hemisphere and cold/wet climate, and it's hard to be sure someone has taken good care of a car that's 25 years old.

Even shorter: take a good look at it.

oh k cool cheers. The one i am lookiong at was imported 3 yrs ago and looks pritty clean. hes just had the body done and a full respray in the panda colours. but ye not gona make a decision before i c the car and will hav a look at the buying guide ! cheers m8
05-31-2012, 12:22 AM
What´s going on with your language? This ain´t a text message... Banging head

1979 Toyota Corolla KE35
1983 Toyota Corolla AE86
1985 Toyota Corolla AE86