Abby
08-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Abby
ok!

I think I've figured out the oil pressure thing: Oil level is low, so going to top-it up to keep it going for now, and replace the complete engine oil + filter later this week.

@robokill: that is encouraging news Thumbs up! downpipe is the thing in between the stock-header, and the connecting pipe to the cat/test pipe? Going from pipes 2 to 1 (i.e. 4-2-1 system, the downpipe is the 2-1 bit)?

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Abby]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Abby
jip. Its a bad part 2-1 pipe gets holes and shit. Also because its around the front wheels (at the ground level) so stones and shit pops against it when cornering.

If thats broken I would replace the header. (maybe full janspeed ?) there affordable these days and give a good flow and easy install.

When the car is driving the middle part of the car won't get much stones from the road. But every piece of the car near the front or rear wheels will. Also the muffler at the end of the exhaust tends to break.

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
Find all posts by this user
08-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Abby
i've seen 2 front pipes break/crack now, all on the point where the 2 go in into 1 and then exactly in the middle where the 2 pipes meet, like in the centre of this letter: Y

Take it off, put a blob of weld on there and refit (or do it on the car), and another job's jobbed Big Grin

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
09-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Abby
The Doctor Wrote:i've seen 2 front pipes break/crack now, all on the point where the 2 go in into 1 and then exactly in the middle where the 2 pipes meet, like in the centre of this letter: Y

that is actually what just happened to me last weekend. Just cruising around on saturday, nothing too fancy... and the whole pipe just came crashing down, at that exact point where the 2 front pipes go into 1. Gone, totally gone. And a deafening roar Smile

So it seems I have to look for a new exhaust header, and a new first-muffler bit. Everything behind the first muffler flange is still in good nick.

So I'm looking for a bit of advice here. Replace the complete exhaust header and fit it a muffler/testpipe, fix the 2-1 downpipe, replace the 2-1 downpipe.. hmm? Smile

Ideas will be greatly appreciated.

09-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Abby
Fix 2-1 downpipe, order fancy header in the meantime.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Abby
i cut the 2-1 piece at the connection point. Got a whole new exhaust from that point for 250 euro custom made in tilburg.

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
09-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Abby
haven't fixed the exhaust yet, hopefully this coming saturday (20th september 200Cool.

In the mean time, I found some time to fix up some engine bay pron.

Removed the sparkplugs (damn, they were, dirty/worn/didn't look too good. Denso default plugs), fitted some fresh NGK's, put back the sparkplug cover, hooked up the TRD wires. Fired up the engine, took a while for the fuel to get there (been standing still for 2 weeks, hrmz... maybe my fuel pump is getting worn out?) Anyways, the engine finally fired up, really fast. So that's good Big Grin

Then commenced with the air intake... now I'm just left with a non-connected item on the T-piece that came with the filter kit.. Anyone has an idea where the corresponding "C"-designated tube should go? There was no "C" tube connected to the stock air intake, so I'm not too sure what Apexi is trying to tell me about the hoses. It was also quite a challenge to hook up the filter with the metal brackets, but I managed.

Replaced radiator cap with a 1.3bar TRD cap. Just bling Tongue

Here are the results (crappy gsm cam, bad sensor, lens was dusty at first and the flash just sucks Tongue)

09-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Abby
Any pictures of that Apexi manual?

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
09-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Abby
A link to the online version of the manual, for the apexi 508-T003 intake kit:
http://www.apexi.co.jp/manual2/pdf/power...08t003.pdf

but it seems to be missing the images Banging head I'll see whether I can scan it sometime soon.

09-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Abby
Banpei: I still need to scan in that manual... (but no scanner makes it kinda hard Tongue). So far I seem not to suffer from ill effects by not connecting that bit. Might be optional.

Anyways, changed my oil yesterday, easy but messy process, but didn't have the correct o-ring. On first glance it seems I might be spilling some oil now. Anyone got size/part number for the o-ring of the oil plug/oil pan?

Also placed the air filter the 'right' way up (i.e., the little silver strip is now facing down, not visible. Makes for a slightly cleaner look in the bay Tongue)

[edit]
nevermind, did some digging and found the OEM part number for the oil drain plug gasket washer thingamabob: #90430-12031

Various other parts show 24mm OD, 12mm ID, 2mm thick.