Abby
08-11-2008, 01:55 AM
Abby
Just a bit reluctant to start a project topic, since there's not much to tell yet. And she's in pretty good knick, so not too much work has to be done.

But anyways... pictures will come later, way later Tongue Just felt the need to start a page, tell something about the maintenance and future upgrades.

Last saturday I went over to a friend to change the timing belt and tension pulley. Following the instructions from Mux and the 4AGE manual, we managed to change the belt in a bloody 6 hour shift.

It was hell to get the pulley of without a pulley-puller. Various contraptions weren't strong enough and just buckled under the tension. A trip to the car-parts-shop didn't help either (bought pulley puller didn't work on the 4-spoke pulley from the 4AGE). Finally, we managed to find some metal L-bar, cut it up, drilled holes, and that piece was finally strong enough to take the tension.

Only thing is, there's a small bolt wedged within the crank-space. It was used as some kind of spacer since we didn't have long enough bolts. Luckily it is wedged pretty much dead-center, but still, kinda sucks. Hopefully it doesn't make the crank that unbalanced (since the pulley goes over the same area, and that pully is unbalanced).

Yeah, long story Smile No pictures of the process unfortunately. No digicam's available (and my cellphone takes crappy crappy pictures (noise)).

Oh, yeah, the abby bit... well, had a talk with my girlfriend the other day, and we came up with names for the car. We gave her two names, but unfortunately we both forgot the second name. I just remember the second one started with E. AE... cheesy I know. Anyways Abby (abigail) stuck. I thought the car kinda resembled the fiery nature of Abby Sciuto (NCIS Wink ).

So there, Abby, cavey's 86 Hurray!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Abby]
taken a couple of weeks ago @metropolis, antwerp (carpark Tongue)
Cellphone, crappy sensor... lots of noise Sad
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Abby
Welcome Abby! Wave

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
08-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Abby
Hi cavey, nice AE86 Smile

DRIFT.HR
Find all posts by this user
08-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Abby
finally a project thread from cavey! Big Grin nice car man! Thumbs up!

5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
08-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Abby
I don't quite see the link with NCIS's Abby (probably my lack of imagination) but very nice car!

Sorry to go offtopic but I'm still wondering miksi sinä puhut Suomea?
08-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Abby
Lower it Big Grin
08-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Abby
EE80Liftback Wrote:I don't quite see the link with NCIS's Abby (probably my lack of imagination) but very nice car!

Sorry to go offtopic but I'm still wondering miksi sinä puhut Suomea?

Hehehe, doesn't matter, the name just popped in my head and I thought it suited the car. The name probably popped in my head because I'm a small fan of Abby from NCIS. She's a bit peculiar, and this car is a bit peculiar as well. Also has some feistiness. For me not such a long stretch Wink

Puhun suomea koska olin asunut suomessa. Puoli vuotta. Uitwisselings student Big Grin

muistan pieni suomen kieli.

but I suck at finnish. I can kinda read it better than write it. Speaking and hearing ... just so-so.

@Eric: Hrmz........ all in good time, she sits a bit high yeah Big Grin
08-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Abby
I as was already thinking you would most likely have been an uitwisselings student. Were you in TKK, University of Helsinki or some where else? I work in TKK.
08-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Abby
I was in Turku through the Turun AMK doing my thesis project (and I'm still trying to finish the damn paper... 5 years later Tongue bit too much partying, finnish style)

Still have plenty of friends in Finland, actually going there again for a short trip beginning of October. Friend is getting married near Tre Big Grin

Dunno whether we'll have time to do some visiting though Sad But I'd like to return again to finland for some holidays and just meet some of the finnish AE86 crew. I know there are at least a couple orso from the Turku area Hurray!
08-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Abby
Did some much needed interior cleaning this weekend. Normally I would not clean a car on the inside this thoroughly, but I got inspired by DJexor's Interior cleaning project thread.

Attached some pictures, didn't take pictures of yesterday's session, the pre-cleaning state, so only some pictures of today: pre-vacuumcleaning, found some rust spot on the inside of the wheelarch, backseating and well, just watch the pictures Tongue

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)