AE86's in Bulgaria
03-09-2005, 03:06 PM
AE86's in Bulgaria
hey, cool forum guys! Cool

there is a group of about 12 AE86 maniacs in Bulgaria as well. I myself live in Italy, but my AE86 has a BG licence plates :wink: so it counts as one as well...Smile.
some pics could be seen at our bulgarian forum here: http://www.toyotabg.net
cool stuff, I think we should try and get more organised here in Europe, perhaps try and get to organise a meeting or somehting???
Hurray!
cheers,
punky

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Punky's Corner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2005, 03:30 PM
AE86's in Bulgaria
Hey Punky,

Nice car dude! welcome to the forum! Not to sure about that twin rear wing setup though.. not my thing, but love the color of your car!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
03-09-2005, 03:50 PM
AE86's in Bulgaria
good looking car Punkara!
Tell us about your turbo mod...

AE86 FANATIC!!!
03-09-2005, 03:52 PM
AE86's in Bulgaria
as far as your forum is concerned why only in Bulgarian ?

AE86 FANATIC!!!
03-10-2005, 09:32 PM
AE86's in Bulgaria
alimonos Wrote:as far as your forum is concerned why only in Bulgarian ?

well, it is not my forum, it is just the Bulgarian toyota fan's forum, that's why the language... I know it's a drag, but there are some nice pics you could see there.
about my turbo mod?

well this used to be an AE86 SR model, only a year and a half ago, when I got the car, running the 4A-C motor, with 73hp, and a carb. it had some 320,000km before, I got the engine out, then completely rebuil a red hi-comp engine from AE92, put GZE pistons and rings in there, made my own turbo exhaust manifold, swaped the sides of the throttle on the intake, and put the engine in the car. put on a KKK K24 turbo compressor, installed radiator from a toyota Carina 1.6 (1995), a completeley new exhaust system, then put in the Mgasquirt stand alone ECU moded to accept the Ford EDIS4 ignition module, got rid off the distributor, and installed a magnetic sensor and a 36-1 tooth wheel to sense the engine, this gave me a complete control over fuel and spark, I use 450cc/min injectors, a bosch motorsport pump which I also instealed in the tank, nes copper fuel lines, KONI adjustable all around, where the front are for AE92, and are modified to coil over with 300lbs springs, the rear springs were cut.
the wheels are 15x7, rubber behind is 225/50 15, front 205/50 15, there are 35mm spacer-adapters behind, and 30mm infornt, they also change the PCD from 4x114,3, to 4x100mm.
there is a sparco 2spoke steering wheel, front seats are from Celica ST185 turbo all-tarck, front and rear braces, drilled and slotted brake discs, etc. and the end result is 300WHP, could go more, but with the original gearbox and diff. is rather crazy, so after I change those, will try the maximum... Yummie!
now I got a nice MA61 Celica Supra, so I will have to pay some attention to her as well, and then get back to the AE86...Smile.
hope this gives some idea about my mods.
cheers,
punky Hurray! (I love this crazy emoticon... Thumbs up! Thumbs up! )

Punky's Corner
03-10-2005, 11:51 PM
AE86's in Bulgaria
Great job Punkara!
Wish i 've made such a mod to mine too... Crying
How about writing down the cost of every new-added item in your 4AGE to see the overall amount of money you spent?
I 'm jeallous man!

AE86 FANATIC!!!
03-11-2005, 12:27 AM
AE86's in Bulgaria
alimonos Wrote:Great job Punkara!
Wish i 've made such a mod to mine too... Crying
How about writing down the cost of every new-added item in your 4AGE to see the overall amount of money you spent?
I 'm jeallous man!
hehehe, how do you imagine me remembering each thing? I've been working on this project, in my mind, and collecting parts for over 4 years now. I only got the car and started it a year and a half ago, but I had most parts, then I changed some, and then again... I really have no idea! I am just a mad toyota fan, and I do notm calculate these costs, they come to me like my food costs, something I need to do....Smile.
some scares prices which come on the top of my mind are:
turbocompressor 50euros (from junk yard)
blow off, fuel regulator, and some other small things about 50 euros (from Brazil)
the KONI's all 4 came about 360euros or so, new.
200USD for the coil over kit
70euros for the steering wheel
40euros for the gear knob
12euros for the aluminium plates for the pedals
the pistons and rings, I truelly cannot remember how much they costed, I got them new from Toyota, but you can check with your local toyota dealer
lots of the things I made myself, or modified, and used lots of things from Junk yards, like the injectors were like 40euros.
the good thing about my junk yard is that they give you 3months guarantee on each part you get, so you can always return it, abnd they do check their parts before they dismantle them, so you know it was working properly before you get it, but also since I've been a long and wierd clinet..Smile, I can always change things, this reminds me of my radiator, I changed about 4 or 5 of them, until I was happy with the carina one...Smile.
one thing is for sure: do not use Hyundai Atos one, as it is too small to cool the water even without a thermostat in, and the el. fan blowing... Blush

the Carina one, is longer, but thin enough, so you can fit an AUDI fan, which is very powerful, you can fit in fact 2 fans, if you want to...Smile.
well, I hope this clears some of that... but my advise is: MAKE SURE 100% what you want to get from your car BEFORE getting the parts. once you know, then make a list of all the pasrts you will need, then start looking for them, and leave about 50% more cash for the things you DID NOT think of, so this way you will get where you wanted to...Smile.
another advise, do not use modified Toyota EFI system, although this works, it is far away from where you want to be... basically get a stands alone ECU, and never look back... :wink:
my car as it is now, IS VERY HARD to drift!!! Sure it is possible, but your usual AE86 behaviour, is long gone, and now this is an increadibly stable "stuck to the road" car, which allows you increadible speeds on in and out of the corner! With the poer this car has, though, you can still do what you want with it, don't get me wrong here... Cool
well, good luck, and when you need help ask, would be glad to help, with whatever I can.
cheers,
Hurray! punky Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!

Punky's Corner
03-11-2005, 12:49 AM
AE86's in Bulgaria
Thanks a lot Punkara!
I apreciate your advice and concern man! Thumbs up!

AE86 FANATIC!!!
03-11-2005, 02:40 AM
AE86's in Bulgaria
Have you got some better picture's of your seats? I'm kind-of interested what they look like..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
03-11-2005, 03:06 PM
AE86's in Bulgaria
Ivan141 Wrote:Have you got some better picture's of your seats? I'm kind-of interested what they look like..
well, I really could not find a good picture of the seats, but here are 2, which hopefully will give you an idea...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Punky's Corner

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JapFest Bulgaria 2017 FanIsHere 0 4,560 07-11-2017 08:15 AM
Last Post: FanIsHere
  what is there to do in bulgaria AEsuperG 12 15,060 08-28-2005 09:48 PM
Last Post: AEsuperG