AE86 in the winter
02-06-2015, 07:03 AM
AE86 in the winter
So I was looking to buy an ae86 and use it as my daily car. But the only issue at this point now is the fact that I live in Canada, and obviously the conditions in the winter here are far from ideal. I just wanted to know if I do buy this car would I have to put it away every winter to prevent damage or just take good care of it.

This is all assuming I will have all the proper precautions (tires, break check, etc.) as well as whatever body care I can to get rid of salt or anything.

Would this car still be alright as a daily car in the winter, and if so what are some of the things that I can do to prevent loss of quality from this car during the winter.
Find all posts by this user
02-06-2015, 10:29 AM
AE86 in the winter
Good underbody protection and regular inspection is all you need. Most AE86 suffer from rust in wheel arches, eliminate this and it will last.
02-06-2015, 11:26 AM
AE86 in the winter
Agreed with Uzelac there, good underseal (truck bed spray works well), undercarriage sprayers are available from Karcher to clean the underside of your car whenever you'd be cleaning it.

Behind rear lights, inside front wings (fenders), front chassis legs to inner arch, rear seat pockets, A pillar behind the wings and along the sill.
A good injection of cavity wax will work wonders too, just a little messy!