AE86 in Hungary
What !!!! only 1500Euros for the red one in photo ... Huh
I think i must migrate to Hungary men... Dumb question

AE86 FANATIC!!!
Find all posts by this user
03-28-2005, 03:15 PM
AE86 in Hungary
banpei
I've already changed my steering wheel to a bigger diameter leather one. The wooden wheel doesn't suit a sports car imho...
alimonos
It's very hard to find here any hachi. And OK, 1500 Euro wouldn't be so expensive price for one with this conditions but...but the parts are horribly expensive. The stock Toyota ones and also the tuning parts.
03-28-2005, 10:21 PM
AE86 in Hungary
SutteR Wrote:banpei
I've already changed my steering wheel to a bigger diameter leather one. The wooden wheel doesn't suit a sports car imho...
alimonos
It's very hard to find here any hachi. And OK, 1500 Euro wouldn't be so expensive price for one with this conditions but...but the parts are horribly expensive. The stock Toyota ones and also the tuning parts.
If I look at the ae86: it doesn't suit a wooden steeringwheel, but if I look at steeringwheels itself without a car around it: I like it. Wink

I think the price of the red hachi is quite good. Not under nor overpriced. It ran 250 thousand kms, so the engine probably needs to be looked after, as well as a lot of other parts.

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - AE86 in Hungary]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-30-2005, 12:08 AM
AE86 in Hungary
This price is considered as "overpriced" here, or need to be an exeptional quality for an AE86. Most of them are maintained in a tipical hungarian way called "kokany" Smile Kokany means lot's of garage works was done without any understanding, but with many cheap parts from various easter cars such as Lada, Dacia, etc. Smile

You can find more pics about some parts from Battle Version (Alex on club4ag) and Technotoytuning (Gabe Tyler on club4ag) at http://www.ae86.hu/gallery_2.htm. Pics shooted last weekend. You should find some pics about status of my poor chassis. Hopefully it will be finished in April. Then she'll get a rollcage and some fresh coat of paint.
03-30-2005, 09:46 AM
AE86 in Hungary
Quote:Most of them are maintained in a tipical hungarian way called "kokany" Kokany means lot's of garage works was done without any understanding, but with many cheap parts from various easter cars such as Lada, Dacia, etc.

Not only Hungarian way man :-)
I use Lada water radiator and there is no misunderstanding what I'm doing. No problems to use cheaper alternatives if you keep the overal reliability and performance.
03-30-2005, 09:53 AM
AE86 in Hungary
XJS Wrote:This price is considered as "overpriced" here, or need to be an exeptional quality for an AE86. Most of them are maintained in a tipical hungarian way called "kokany" Smile Kokany means lot's of garage works was done without any understanding, but with many cheap parts from various easter cars such as Lada, Dacia, etc. Smile
I wouldn't mind Lada parts, but I would be very afraid of Dacia parts in a hachi. Wink

03-30-2005, 09:55 AM
AE86 in Hungary
WOOW !
Dacia and Oltcit are "famous" creatures :-)))
I mean - quality parts.
03-31-2005, 12:32 AM
AE86 in Hungary
jamiemirror Wrote:
Quote:Most of them are maintained in a tipical hungarian way called "kokany" Kokany means lot's of garage works was done without any understanding, but with many cheap parts from various easter cars such as Lada, Dacia, etc.

Not only Hungarian way man :-)
I use Lada water radiator and there is no misunderstanding what I'm doing. No problems to use cheaper alternatives if you keep the overal reliability and performance.

Of course I didn't mean that kind fo parts. But plug wires, igniters, either old used plugs itself, windscreen wipers, wiper motors etc. Nothing wrong with a good quality radiator, of course. :-)
03-31-2005, 02:23 AM
AE86 in Hungary
Since Lada is a RWD too I can't find anything wrong using its parts... Thumbs up!

(RWD is my addiction...) Smile
03-31-2005, 09:27 AM
AE86 in Hungary
Hmmm, told my girlfriend I learned a new Hungarian word: Kokany. She didn't know the word so it would be either slang from the past 9 years or she never heard of it before: she didn't knew fékfolyadék either when I needed it last summer. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drift event in west Hungary? banpei 0 3,592 07-05-2015 06:05 PM
Last Post: banpei