AE86 in Hong Kong
05-14-2007, 04:57 PM
AE86 in Hong Kong
Haha, well I know some nice spots but since I don't live there, I can't give you the tour. Would have been nice though.

Are you going on vacation or living there for awhile?

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
05-14-2007, 05:08 PM
AE86 in Hong Kong
well, I just plan to go there on vacation for maybe a few days. maybe you can give me some tips on where to go there so i can try it out. Thumbs up!

[email protected]
05-14-2007, 05:32 PM
AE86 in Hong Kong
Well depends a bit on what you want I guess. I went there on the romantic tour offcourse since I met my wife there Smile

One thing I unfortunately don't know to much about is the car scene in HK, it doesn't interest my wife and it doesn't seem to interest my brother in law either (or maybe he has some secret life......... Wink ).
I heard all the guys drifting head for China in the weekend.

The shopping around MongKok is great, there are some great stores and all the big car dealerships are there aswell. Plenty of tuning shops and after market shops and all that. Nicely stockpiled on modeling kits and other fun stuff aswell. Also PLENTY of places to buy both legal and illegal DVDs, Initial D, Best Motering, etc. Also found many stored selling related mercendise, ID watches, ID model kits, ID mugs, ID etc.Smile

Never found anything AE86 related though last time I did end up all the way to Chai Wan (if I am not mistaken and not Wan Chai), they have a place there with loads of garages and such. I ended up at a TRD dealership there that could get TRD stuff relatively cheaply, but never got in contact with them through email afterwards unfortunately. Very long trip by subway though.

Subway system is great btw.

If you love science stuff like me, the science museum in Tsim Sha Tsui was great, also really nice place to walk around with shops, heck the whole road from Tsim Sha Tsui to MongKok can keep you busy for daysSmile

Then there is the theme park Ocean Park which is great. When I first went there we approached it from the rear and all you see is a steep mountain with 3 or 4 rides hanging out on the side of it. You think, whow scary, and then you thing, only 4 rides? But then you get to the top of the mountain and the place is big Smile
There also is a disney land these days but I haven't been there yet.

For romance, definately visit The Peak, no idea how to get there anymore, but its a big lookout post on the top of one of the higher mountains.

Also you can take a bus trip to the big buddah statue. Damn long trip and the day I went it was way to hot, but its a fun trip.

Other places I can think of are Central, which is the main island, loads of stuff there, also able to take ferrys to Discovery Bay and some other islands that are great places to relax.
Causeway bay is great, I believe stanley market is around there which is supposed to be nice. What I remember most though is a restaurant where they have about 20 domesticated cats walking around in the restaurant. So while you eat cats come sit with you want such (yeah I'm a cat lover).

Well plenty more to do probably Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

05-15-2007, 02:35 PM
AE86 in Hong Kong
I will surely check out all these places you mentioned. I'll surely have a great time there.

My friends also went there but I forgot what he told me. He said that there is a wrecking yard outside the city where he saw some ae86 parts and frontcuts. I just couldn't remember the place but its heading towards China.

I also remember in club4ag that there are also some HK ae86 owners as I saw some post before but that was way long time ago in the old board. maybe I'll also post this query on club4ag and see if any of those HK residents post there.

Thanks Bastiaan. Thumbs up!

[email protected]
05-15-2007, 02:47 PM
AE86 in Hong Kong
Hmm never saw any wrecking yardSmileSmile

As for AE86 owners, last time I was there, there were very few owners, if any at all, but with the Initial D movie being made by HK movie makers it suddenly got a boost in popularity and I know several where imported. I remember talking with someone in HK a long time ago about this.

Anyways have fun there!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

05-15-2007, 03:08 PM
AE86 in Hong Kong
Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Thumbs up!

[email protected]
05-15-2007, 04:52 PM
AE86 in Hong Kong
Didnt see any AE86s, not even one!! Been there a few times already.
But there are some wrecking yards or something alike, in the outer parts of Kowloon. I saw some around in Yuen Long, didnt check it out though. So dunno about AE86 parts/cuts.

I also went searching on the web for parts that I can get for my hachi a while back. Stumbled upon a 2nd hand car site that had a AE86. Tuned + panda ala Initial D (off courseTongue), but it was pretty expensive... something around 7000 euros or even more.
btw couldnt find any good (HK) sites about AE86...

They also have a official TRD/Tom's dealer there in kowloon, around Mongkok/Sham Shui Po. Bought some stickers from that shop too as souvenir Tongue almost bought the TRD shiftknob too...
Just as Mux said, alot of tuners there in the same area!

An '86 86 driver
Zenki AE86 Levin coupe
03-19-2009, 06:38 PM
AE86 in Hong Kong
For those guys of you who wanted to know.
There are plenty of AE86s in Hong Kong.
But they are just kept away from the road.
03-19-2009, 10:24 PM
AE86 in Hong Kong
And why is that? Afraid of speeding tickets? Tongue

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - AE86 in Hong Kong]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-20-2009, 09:45 PM
AE86 in Hong Kong
I am not sure why they keep their cars locked up.
Probably because people can't drive here, and they don't want people damaging their cars...
Spare parts for AE86s are hard to find here.

Last night I just saw a camry trying to get out of a parallel parking spot.
First he ram the car behind him, a 206 gti then he drove straight into the car in front of him...

They are nuts here !!