AE86 FRP For Sale: Will ship to mainland Europe.
11-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

I havent been reading the forum, I didnt see this post Sad

>>
To: irishtwincam
Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:00 pm
Subject: Re: Sad FRP problem
Thanks for the update!
Please keep me posted for any further delays.
Martin
>>

I recieved payment from Knudsen for 3 sets of bumper extensions on behalf of people, so I kept Knudsen up to date by PM.

>> Knudsen posted:
>> "a van reversed over the crate with our parts"

I thought Knudsen was keeping everyone involved up to date.

5 Orders were crushed by a local tractor driver reversing while the FRP was being loaded into the van. It was on a pallete on the ground.

We are getting the new FRP free of charge!

Our supplier lives >329 km away, there is only one set of moulds and each part takes two weeks to set after it is made.
We must collect all parts after they have been made.
There was a spoiler being made still which we recieved in the post with an apology and sent this to Rasterinho.

We order once per month, so its only one long 11hr round trip to collect.
Octobers order was destroyed Sad
This order will be collected soon for November customers.
We hoped to have it sooner.

> Denmark Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:30 pm Post subject:
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> I offcourse always tell others were to shop for parts,
> GUESS what i have to say about this place
> Regards from Denmark
> Skassa

You are right to be angry. Im sorry.
You WILL recieve your parts!
I hope in time you will see this was just an accident and we are reputable.

I know that reputations can be destroyed by bad customer service and people getting burned, especially by dealers on forums.
If Mux and Banpei want to ban me I'll understand, but I feel I've been trying hard to keep my end of the deal.
It's just VERY unfortunate this happened.
We are still very excited to be selling FRP to European customers Big Grin

In future we will stock more parts so that this freak accident won't happen.

I would like to apologise to Everyone for the delays.

--Peter

In future if people wish to contact me directly please feel free to email me!!
pjturner AT yahoo DOT com

http://www.skynet.ie/~eireae86
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-28-2006, 10:22 PM
irishtwincam
I have indeed been keeping Peter and Skassa up to date, but i understand why Skassa is upset - im feeling the same way.
We both have a unfinished car, that waits for the last visit at the painter. The delay with those bumper extensions, causes further delays at the painter ect ect.

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
Find all posts by this user
11-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Knudsen Wrote:irishtwincam
I have indeed been keeping Peter and Skassa up to date, but i understand why Skassa is upset - im feeling the same way.
We both have a unfinished car, that waits for the last visit at the painter. The delay with those bumper extensions, causes further delays at the painter ect ect.

I understand and am DEEPLY sorry.
We want to help AE86 owners finish projects, not delay them Sad

But until we are told the new order is ready to be collected there is nothing I can do, except apologise and say that this will not happen in future.

We will stock all FRP parts in future for mainland EU customers before accepting payment for future orders.

Again, I can only apologise for the delay.

11-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Don't see any reason for a ban irish, things go wrong, thats life,

I think enough damage is done to your reputation already, maybe more then is justfull in this case.

Having the parts damaged by a van like that is something that can happen to any supplier and is one of a suppliers worst nightmares.

From as little information I see here the thing I fault you for most that you really should learn from is poor communication, the fact that Knudsen has had to follow up on his order a few times really damages your reputation. You could have done better by being more proactive. Called him the moment the goods where damaged, explain the situation, accept that on this order you will not make a profit and up your phonebill and take your loss. The damage to your reputation is far more costly in the long run.

Second thing to learn from this, make an exception to your delivery scedual. Yes it takes time to get replacement parts made. I'm assuming for a second the van is insured, offcourse I do not know the laws in Ireland but if in Holland a van drives over your goods, insurence will cover the replacement cost. Since you hadn't already send the goods to Denmark, use the money to have your supplier directly send the goods to Denmark and pay extra to get em there faster. Yes there would still have been a delay, but not 2 months.

You would have turned a loss of reputation into a gain. Yes you wouldn't have made a profit, maybe even a loss, but knudsen and skassa would now be shouting that you give extra good service when things go wrong, and that you are a guy to shop with. Every buyer accepts that things can go wrong, every buyer knows a seller is only human. But no buyer likes a seller that doesn't communicate, doesn't keep them informed, and makes them take action..

That said, I realize this is not my business and I do not have the full picture. It might be you did alot more to salvage a bad situation then we can see.

I wish you the best of luck learning from this experience and I hope people can see that you've also done alot of good and that trust will slowly come back.

I trust you will make sure our Danish friends have their parts asap.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
11-28-2006, 10:54 PM
att: knudsen and irishtwincam

is it posible to add a set of side skirts to you order or is it too late.. ?

best regards from martin groth
11-28-2006, 11:10 PM
Mux213 Wrote:From as little information I see here the thing I fault you for most that you really should learn from is poor communication, the fact that Knudsen has had to follow up on his order a few times really damages your reputation. You could have done better by being more proactive.

True.
I would have liked my latest email/PM to be good news though.
I suppose I should have PM/Emailed to say I was still waiting.

The FRP was damaged by our suppliers landlord.
Our suppliers workshop is on his land.

The landlord is paying for new FRP and we didnt want to make life more difficult for our supplier by pursuing legal action against his landlord...
The van is undamaged really. Just all the FRP destroyed Sad
As you say, in the end it was just an unfortunate accident.

We would our supplier to send them directly to Denmark but there is a risk he may may make a mistake in postage, which would be worse for us.

It is OUR responsibility to send the FRP, if a mistake is made it will be our fault.

The FRP will be collected the day it is ready, and posted to Denmark that day or following morning after round trip is made.

Im hoping to provide all customers with good enws very soon, even if it is late Sad hopefully Christmas won't be ruined.

11-28-2006, 11:17 PM
To kudsen,
Get the panels in primer as soon as you get them, fibeglass doesnt react to paint like metal does, so it will take longer to dry.
I heard about the incident, unreal Blush
Im sure Irishtwincam will get it sorted, if not Ill pay him a visit & Banging head him for ya Cool

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
11-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Irish,

Well it atleast sounds like you're trying your best Big Grin

Anyways, take my advise for whatever it is worth Smile communication just is key, bad news often is better then no news...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
11-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Eircamae86
Thanks for the advice, but i have a fair bit of experience dealing with fiberglass. I worked for 3 years in a shop that made proff. car-hifi, almost everything was made in fiberglass. :wink:

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
12-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Our supplier delivered at last!
They will be posted this week to Denmark.

Sorry for the delay.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MCNSPORT: Any interest in FRP Boot lids for coupe MCNSPORT.com 4 6,254 04-26-2011 02:08 PM
Last Post: Nomuken
  MCNSPORT.com FRP & CarbonFibre Products - Prices & P MCNSPORT.com 49 63,111 09-16-2009 04:26 PM
Last Post: MCNSPORT.com
  FRP Shipping estimates irishtwincam 5 6,577 11-28-2006 10:09 PM
Last Post: irishtwincam
  MFactory Magnetic Drain Plugs - In Stock & Ready To Ship MFactory 10 10,180 06-07-2006 08:01 AM
Last Post: Ivan141