AE86 @CA18DET
06-30-2007, 03:10 PM
AE86 @CA18DET
Hi there,

i`m kinda new here, so my introduction/welcome Thread should be this here, together with my upcoming Project Wink

My name is Timon, i`m living in Germany and i am totally in S13`s and Hachis.

I bought my first Hachi 3 weeks ago, its a 84`and has the full Haselbeck Spoiler Kit, Koni Suspension, Momo Steering Wheel and so on.

The condition of the shell and the paintjob is really awesome, i couldn`t find any rust yet.

The engine was rebuilt 3000 km`s ago, but unfortunatelly im used to some heavy boost, so the 4AGE is just not my thing, despite its reving pretty nice and the exhaust note is awesome, but i hate it to have no torque at all Smile

I`m selling the Engine and a OBX Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifold in the next days, so take a look in the Sales Thread Tongue

The CA18DET is the perfect solution for me, since i`m used to work on these engines and i saw Kyle`s Hachi in Action, he`s helping me with the whole project (i hope Big Grin )

I`ll post some better pictures these days, the ones right now are crappy, i know Wink (One is from the Pre-Owner)

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - AE86 @CA18DET]

Find all posts by this user
06-30-2007, 03:25 PM
AE86 @CA18DET
Nice one!

Wünsche viel Erfolg mit dem CA18DET swap Thumbs up!
06-30-2007, 04:23 PM
AE86 @CA18DET
Nice car! You'll get a lot of flack for the CA18DET swap here. Just ignore it, the engine is 10kg heavier then the 4A-GE and the gearbox another 15kgs. It drops in at the same location as the 4A-GE, so handling wise, there is zero difference compared to a normal powered hachi...only it isn't normal powered Cool

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
06-30-2007, 04:46 PM
AE86 @CA18DET
hello!
nice to see another coupe in a good condition!
i was thinking of making mine neessan powered, but, then, had some other thoughts and im leaving myself with a 4ageWink

good luck with the project manWink

adam Wave
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-30-2007, 05:11 PM
AE86 @CA18DET
Thx a lot Tongue

Some people will hate it, some other will love it (like i do).

I was dreaming once that i`ll beat all those expensive, really powerful cars on windy mountain roads ... but then i realize ..there are no mountain roads Big Grin loool

I like the 4AGE, its fun to drive, but when you`re racing against other cars, you`ll have big problems with 90 PS Passat TDI`s ... Confused

So I´ll just give the perfect handling car a matching engine Big Grin
06-30-2007, 05:54 PM
AE86 @CA18DET
90ps Passats zerleg ich mit meinem katlosen 75ps Starlet hehehehe
06-30-2007, 06:31 PM
AE86 @CA18DET
Hi, welcome!

Menti Wrote:I like the 4AGE, its fun to drive, but when you`re racing against other cars, you`ll have big problems with 90 PS Passat TDI`s ... Confused

Are you sure it is a 4age? I allready did this test, and i can tell you it was other way arround, UPHILL. Even with more powerfull cars my 4age does good. Bmw 320d 150ps its a pretty good match, side by side till he goes away very slowly above 200kmh.

Cump´s
Filipe Oliveira
06-30-2007, 06:53 PM
AE86 @CA18DET
Nah, sure it`s a 4AGE Wink

I was just mentioning that you have some problems with cars, which are not even close a "sportscar", a powerful Sedan like the Passat for example (not the 90 PS Version of course, i was kinda offensive) Wink

For the stock power of my 4AGE, it goes very well, no doubt about that and it is really fun to drive, as i saif before.

The handling and overall feeling of the car is superb, never want to miss that, only the lack of power (torque) is going on my nutz Wink

I never really raced a other car yet with my Hachi, but honestly - I don`t wanna try, i would just blame myself i think. I could race old Sciroccos, N/A Corrados or Golf GTI`s, ok - but that`s no fun, i`m used to race bigger cars Wink

Waaaahh, this goes offtopic now, i`ll post some pictures later Big Grin
06-30-2007, 09:38 PM
AE86 @CA18DET
No offence but do you know that 4AGZE exist ? And fan-built 4AGTE ?
CA18DET is good but what is your goal (in numbers - power and torque) ?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-30-2007, 10:25 PM
AE86 @CA18DET
Hallo

sehr schoner AE hab ihm in toyotas.de gesehen sieht super aus, als wuerde er von grunde aus neu gemacht. Waere es ein 3 tuerer dan hast du ihn nicht Tongue

Was den motor betrifft ist es ein gelungenes ersatz, alles passt von der abmesungen aber das weisst du ja schon sicher, 4agte ist auch eine moeglichkeit aber um alles an dem motor umzubauen und dann mit dem swachem getriebe kaempfen da besser den CA samt allem zubehor einzubauen, da hoffe ich dan ihm in natura zu sehen.

Thumbs up!

Stan

http://www.86ers.org
All the hachies that Daytona can only dream about.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Germany AE86 CA18DET project ragenasian 15 23,690 03-29-2010 10:04 PM
Last Post: ragenasian