AE80
02-15-2006, 02:26 PM
AE80
Blueneon Wrote:
jamiemirror Wrote:Often you can find also 2A engine (1.3).
You can bolt-in 4AGE in every AE80 - just because A-series pattern is the same (a friend of mine recently installed 4A in place of 2A engine in the AE80 chasis).

Ah thats very interesting, so how far does this go? how about suspension and interior dimensions?

The car is running at the moment with 4A engine (not 4AGE) AFAIK.
I can't understand your question about suspension and interior ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2006, 03:48 PM
AE80
Sorry,

I mean is the shell a similar size to an 86? The interior of the 80 is very dull I wondered how far it could be taken, bringing it up to a more sportier level.

still no 86
02-15-2006, 03:56 PM
AE80
Why would you blow all that money on a dull fwd car that needs a lot of money to get even remotely interesting? Save up and get yerself a proper rwd corolla.. What if you buy this car and end up still craving an 86, you'll end up even further from your goal because of the cash you put into the ae80.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
02-15-2006, 04:12 PM
AE80
The problem is balance, F/R, LSD, all disc brakes - not just the engine.

PS: Better get AE86 SR5 or even AE85 (4AC/3A engines, drum brake non-LSD rear end) - they can be converted relative easy to GTS+ specs.
02-15-2006, 06:12 PM
AE80
Ivan141 Wrote:Why would you blow all that money on a dull fwd car that needs a lot of money to get even remotely interesting? Save up and get yerself a proper rwd corolla.. What if you buy this car and end up still craving an 86, you'll end up even further from your goal because of the cash you put into the ae80.

Yup i agree with all of the above

Totally

Trouble is its out of my reach. no question. I cannot get £2000+ together at once, I tried, (lord GOD did I try) but something always comes up.

This way, I might be able to have a little fun a bit at a time.

you are absolutley right, maybe I am fooling myself, maybe Im stupid to even consider it, maybe I should just give up eh?

still no 86
02-15-2006, 06:21 PM
AE80
Quote:you are absolutley right, maybe I am fooling myself, maybe Im stupid to even consider it, maybe I should just give up eh?

Maybe I should tell you how I bought my SR5.
I was in tramway (a small town public transport train) and I saw the car - exiting from garage on the street. I left the tramway at the station and then have a little conversation with the AE86 owner/driver. A month later I owned it - silver AE86 SR5, 4AC+drums :-) Then I started to read about it - and bought 4AGE engine, GTS car as donor (has LSD+disc brakes rear end) etc etc.
You shouldn't give up. Someday you just will be lucky with one - believe in that and continue reading/contributing here meanwhile. Big Grin
02-15-2006, 06:31 PM
AE80
Quote:You shouldn't give up. Someday you just will be lucky with one - believe in that and continue reading/contributing here meanwhile.

Thanks mate Smile kind words

The thing is, over here if you put the words 'Corolla' and 'RWD' in a sentence then the money just goes wayyy up.

I would be overjoyed with an AE85, SR5 but it really isnt going to happen

Hachi-Zero is better than Zero-Hachi

still no 86
02-15-2006, 08:18 PM
AE80
in poland ae86 is much cheaper

http://www.coreygarage.prv.pl
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - AE80]
Find all posts by this user
02-16-2006, 12:10 AM
AE80
Corey Wrote:in poland ae86 is much cheaper
Also in most other parts of Europe. It's just that in the UK the prices are ridiculous. Undecided

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - AE80]
02-16-2006, 11:21 AM
AE80
Yep...go for an import. You'll be off cheaper. BTW, I highly doubt you'll get an to be EE80 more interesting than your nissan anyway.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!