A new hachiroku!
04-01-2005, 11:27 PM
A new hachiroku!
nmwisima Wrote:P.S. for those thata havent noticed yet, Toyota presented the new Lexus IS200 in Geneva Auto Salon, so there is no way presenting a coupe based on the old version.

whoops, didn't see that, but that was just the thing i mentioned 1 post above this one Smile

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
Find all posts by this user
04-01-2005, 11:35 PM
A new hachiroku!
mux213 Wrote:Damn, can't fool some people, ratsSmile

April fool story offcourseSmile

Here is the link tofu talks about: http://www.reasonability.net/~fairbank/newae86.html

lol Smile

All day long, on my work i tried to fool some people.
And now i just arrived home, i walking right into it, with my eyes open Smile

Not even a second i thought about april's fool day Big Grin

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
04-01-2005, 11:42 PM
A new hachiroku!
i think the IS versions from toyota are pimp like cars

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
04-02-2005, 12:17 AM
A new hachiroku!
nmwisima Wrote:Sorry to kill the dreams (I also like this photoshoped car) but,
our Hachi was a small, fun to drive, CHEAP coupe.

A car based on the 40.000 Euro Lexus IS200 will be a medium, fun to drive, pretty EXPENSIVE coupe. Sorry.

P.S. for those thata havent noticed yet, Toyota presented the new Lexus IS200 in Geneva Auto Salon, so there is no way presenting a coupe based on the old version.

5 minutes later I get a pm saying:
Damn you spoiling our April fools day, joke!!! Angry

So I got back and posted the other lies to correct my mistake Big Grin Big Grin

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - A new hachiroku!] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-05-2005, 10:02 AM
A new hachiroku!
Maybe that was not just a joke. Lexus is actually going to make a rival for BMW 1 series and Audi A3.
http://www.auto-motor-sport.de/d/87234

I think we will have to wait and see with what they will come up. But my guess is that it will be too heavy.
08-05-2005, 10:14 AM
A new hachiroku!
Even if all this WAS true, new cars are wayy to sterile. I would take a 1985 Levin everytime. Smile

still no 86
08-05-2005, 10:59 AM
A new hachiroku!
Ehm..that doesn't have to be the case you know. Even with the added weight that every new car has to move around, a comitted manufacturer can still make a car that will tickle your senses. The new MX5 is a good example, and even the BMW 1 series seems to get close.
Sometimes also you just have to learn how to communicate to a car. I had the same thing with the steering assist in my MX-5: hated it enormously at first, but now I wouldn't like to have a race car without the system.

The biggest drawback to me is that all new cars, due to their enormous weight, seem to be terribly capable at high speeds (see the Top Gear episode where they pit new cars vs old racing legends), but not a lot of fun at low speeds. Basically making it impossible to have fun without braking the law everytime you look at the accelerator pedal.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
08-05-2005, 12:21 PM
A new hachiroku!
NoHachi Wrote:Ehm..that doesn't have to be the case you know. Even with the added weight that every new car has to move around, a comitted manufacturer can still make a car that will tickle your senses. The new MX5 is a good example, and even the BMW 1 series seems to get close.
Sometimes also you just have to learn how to communicate to a car. I had the same thing with the steering assist in my MX-5: hated it enormously at first, but now I wouldn't like to have a race car without the system.

You are probably right, its just that I have yet to drive a new car that moves me like an older one. Even the difference between an S13 and an S12 is enormous, the S13 is technically superior, but drifting an driving 'with spirit' feels so much better in the S12

NoHachi Wrote:The biggest drawback to me is that all new cars, due to their enormous weight, seem to be terribly capable at high speeds (see the Top Gear episode where they pit new cars vs old racing legends), but not a lot of fun at low speeds. Basically making it impossible to have fun without braking the law everytime you look at the accelerator pedal.

Clarkson had the right idea in the Top Gear magazine this month, he says that we should ditch all our ultra low profile radials and all buy cross-ply's, that way even dull ol' James May could get the back of a Morris Minor out! Bags of motoring fun and all at ynder 40 MPH Big Grin

still no 86

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coo Hachiroku Shirt ae86666 4 6,173 11-29-2011 09:36 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Hachiroku week on Speed-Industries blog Bean 1 3,429 12-21-2010 10:40 AM
Last Post: Bean
  hachiroku-events in august roadrunner 4 4,366 06-28-2008 11:12 PM
Last Post: F0Bman
  www.hachiroku.com.au Aussie 86 Forum matt mead 7 5,733 01-30-2007 09:07 PM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy