12-21-2008, 04:24 PM
A/C in AE86
Allexz Wrote:i have all the parts from an usdm except the pump and box Big Grin

By pump you mean compressor ?
and box is ? Smile
Find all posts by this user
12-21-2008, 07:33 PM
A/C in AE86
The compressor is a pump. That would be a weak translation, but a working one. The compressor is the only part of the AC system that could be called a "pump".

Note that the compressor clutch assembly is usually sold separately--and they are out of production, so make sure you have a compressor WITH the clutch mounted on it. If there is a pulley wheel, that's part of the clutch assembly so you have it all. (The compressors pulled from scrap yards usually are complete, with clutch still attached.)

If the moderators don't recall a thread of aftermarket air conditioning...you'd have to use the search function, or the web, and try to find it that way.

Original owner, 1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S in the US of A. Will trade for a Cadillac-Gage V150 or a Ford GT44.
12-24-2008, 06:35 PM
A/C in AE86
Will take pics in the morning of the whole system,

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
12-25-2008, 02:26 AM
A/C in AE86
Red Wrote:The factory AC was barely adequate (by US standards) in the hatchback, even when brand new.

True. Too much glass and not enough air-conditioning Confused But it was
great for de-misting the glass on wet days Smile

Cheers... jondee86
12-25-2008, 06:03 AM
A/C in AE86
AE86irl.com would be a good place to look, plenty of JDM 86s in Ireland, must people inc myself rip the aircon & dump it.
The 86 below also has Power Steering

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - A/C in AE86]

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
12-31-2020, 01:02 PM
A/C in AE86
Guys, like to get advise on how many Psi / Bar that the R12 glass should refill back into AE86 aircon system. I just done replaced my compressor (10P13C-12) shaft seal due to leakage, and now wanna install & refill gas btu not sure how many pressure should fill in.
Base on the manual page AC-4 low pressure at 21-28psi; high pressure at 206-213psi @2000rpm. but page AC-14 mention low pressure not over 60psi until sight glass free of any bubbles.
so wonder which will be the correct pressure i look for. please do advise. tqvm
01-02-2021, 03:52 PM
A/C in AE86
It's a long while since I did car ac, but I don't think r12 is available anymore as it's been superseded by r134a. Also, filling by pressure is fraught with difficulties as it varies with ambient temperature and pressure, the most reliable method is by weight. Sorry if this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I think there are mobile regassing services that would make life a lot easier:, they can also oil the system, leak-test it, and add a uv additive to aid in future leak-detection.

Hope this helps

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
01-08-2021, 08:02 PM
A/C in AE86
(01-02-2021 03:52 PM)Mylesmck Wrote:  It's a long while since I did car ac, but I don't think r12 is available anymore as it's been superseded by r134a. Also, filling by pressure is fraught with difficulties as it varies with ambient temperature and pressure, the most reliable method is by weight. Sorry if this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I think there are mobile regassing services that would make life a lot easier:, they can also oil the system, leak-test it, and add a uv additive to aid in future leak-detection.

Hope this helps
This. R12 is banned in most countries nowadays. My 86 is converted to R134a, conversion was already made in Japan. I'd suggest a proper company to make sure it's all well done in this case.