7mge on a AE86
06-29-2013, 05:18 AM
7mge on a AE86
What do you think about putting a 7mge that GTE conecting rods and pistons, ge cams, ARP Main and head Studs, ARP rod bolts, MHG, 550cc inyectos, walbro fuel pump, with a W58 with an ACT xtreme presurre plate, 4 o 6 solid puck. Microtech ECU, FIM t66 turbo....What Differential do you recomend me to put...
A. Ford differential

B. Chevy Differential

C. Supra or MA47 differential

Wave

just looking for 400hp

How much horsepower do you recomend me to put on it just yo use it... as a daily car, some time drag car and a drift car?

How much horsepower for drag style?

How much Horsepower for drift style?

How much Horsepower as a daily car?
Find all posts by this user
06-29-2013, 05:39 PM
7mge on a AE86
Celica Supra solid axle swap will be the easiest to swap in, however good lsd units are expensive... Chevy 7.5" 10 bolts are shit, I broke them with 200hp 305 v8s. Ford 9" is strongest option but once again, pricey and a lot of fab. Honestly it's gonna come down to what you wanna do. As far as horsepower for each style of driving, it's all a matter of how much you WANT it to have.

another option of differential is the Toyota truck 8". I'm in the US and I have an early(83 and prior) housing with axles... no gears, diff or pumpkin. but the 8" has a huge following for upgrade and aftermarket parts.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-30-2013, 05:30 AM
7mge on a AE86
Ok, but what car has a 9" or what Toyota truck has a that diff?

Do you think it will be a good project to use it as a daily car, as a drift car and a drag car?
06-30-2013, 09:41 AM
7mge on a AE86
7m engines are bad about head gaskets failing and oil pump issues. I would go for a better motor.

Most older Ford cars and trucks had the 9". As far as the Toyota diff. Find any truck 1984 and older. 4wd for the 8". 2wd trucks had the 7.5" one.
06-30-2013, 02:16 PM
7mge on a AE86
Might as well keep the truck around the rear axle and plonk the engine into that.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
06-30-2013, 03:44 PM
7mge on a AE86
the engine is no problem for me... I know how to make it better... I already had build 7mgte and ge so is no problem for me right now... my biggest question... is the relaible how durable it can be the whole car... Should it be a great idea to use it as a daily drift and drag car....
06-30-2013, 11:13 PM
7mge on a AE86
a stock ae86 makes a great daily driver/weekend drift car. I did this with mine for over 3 years... the 7m is a junk motor, in any form. My friend Christian owns a shop up here in Texas where all he does is rebuild 7m's... when he can, he talks the person into a JZ swap. the 7mgte/ge are not reliable when you beat on it all the time. Nowhere near as reliable as a 4age. if you really want a nice inline 6, go with a 1jz or 2jz. even the VVTi 2jzge is a better choice than the 7m. I'm donig a 1uz/w58 swap in my car and running a 1979-1981 Celica Supra differential. it will be seeing the drag strip, drift courses, and will be my daily as well. I'm only trying to persuade you away from the 7m because it's a lot of money, for less reliable, and tighter fit than say an f20c, sr20, Beams 3sge, or 1uzfe swap. All of these motors are more reliable than the 7m. sure you can make good power, for a little while. then the head gasket blows or the oil pump fails... every time.