5th year Anniversary
06-22-2009, 12:34 PM
5th year Anniversary
Dear AE86 lovers Wink

I think it's time to open this topic finally to discuss what to do for the 5th anniversary of AEU86.org forum. It's been a long time already since Mux and Banpei started this forum. The funny fact is that they started this forum just for fun to see if it could reach the Dutch community. Later the forum turned out to be so successful that even people from all over the world started to join the family. I think Mux and Banpei never even dreamed about the forum being so successful. Well it did! All the members who are willing to share their knowledge and idea's with everyone. I really love the AE86 community! Different to a lot of other communities where the one has to be better then the other. No, that's not our style. We respect each other and the effort that an owner puts into his car. Even if its not exactly your personal taste of tuning/ restoring the car. This mentality creates a world where you see a lot of different styles. One very racy with a cage, an extreme engine, lowered to the max and fat wheels, the other as stock as possible with all original Toyota stuff and some just for the minor eye catchers like a set of nice wheels and a bit lowered. I want to say keep this spirit alive people! Keep the Toyota Corolla AE86 alive! Thumbs up!

Enough about history, the 5th anniversary is getting closer and closer. Although my AE86 is not ready this year, I still want to organise a meeting or something for region Netherlands and neighbours. Just to have a BBQ, share knowledge and get the group a little bit closer together again. I’ll start a topic in Benelux and Germany section for this.

It’s too bad that it’s way too hard to organise a meeting for all of our members over the world because of the distance, so it would be cool if in other countries there will also be volunteers to help organise a meeting in their countries in name of the forum to celebrate the existence of the AE86 and the 5th anniversary of the forum. So with this statement I want to ask for people willing to help organise a cool meeting in their country this summer!

Regards,

Jor

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - 5th year Anniversary]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
Find all posts by this user
06-22-2009, 01:01 PM
5th year Anniversary
Hey Jor,

good IDEA. I might even know of a nice location near Apeldoorn so its also pretty good for our german neighbours. And the area is nice.

Though I would need to have a date to discuss with the owner (he is a friend of mine)

If we only go for a BBQ my house in Amsterdam is always available and I have free parking in the weekend.

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
06-22-2009, 02:15 PM
5th year Anniversary
Ahhh, again that NL crap. Big Grin Big Grin

Come to Greece to enjoy the sea you whity people Wave

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - 5th year Anniversary] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-22-2009, 04:57 PM
5th year Anniversary
I too would like to take this opportunity to express my overflowing love for the community. I have yet to experience comeradery like this on car forums. You trully are an amazing bunch! And special thanks to mux and banpei, who i will meet someday in person to shake the sh*t out of their hands for making all of us come together! Big Grin

And open a topic in international forum, you never know who is crazy enough to drive his newly restored hachi all the way to netherlands. Big Grin

Peace brothers!
06-22-2009, 06:51 PM
5th year Anniversary
Apolan Wrote:enough to drive his newly restored hachi all the way to netherlands. Big Grin

Or miata Tongue

06-22-2009, 07:39 PM
5th year Anniversary
Apolan Wrote:And open a topic in international forum, you never know who is crazy enough to drive his newly restored hachi all the way to netherlands. Big Grin

!

I would defenetly do that road trip if my hachi was restored!!! But in its condition wright now i'm afraid that fenders would go away on the road.... Tongue Tongue Banging head Banging head

Toyota Corolla KE30 + Toyota Corolla AE86
06-23-2009, 10:30 PM
5th year Anniversary
DJexor Wrote:It’s too bad that it’s way too hard to organise a meeting for all of our members over the world because of the distance, so it would be cool if in other countries there will also be volunteers to help organise a meeting in their countries in name of the forum to celebrate the existence of the AE86 and the 5th anniversary of the forum. So with this statement I want to ask for people willing to help organise a cool meeting in their country this summer!
I think that is a great idea! Thumbs up!
Why organize one big meeting where not everybody can come to, but rather more multiple meetings at the same day (around Europe would already be cool enough) to make sure everybody has one nearby? Tongue
And then make sure everybody shoots photos, videos and it will just look like everybody is at one big meeting! Wink
So, did I hear Nmwisima volunteering for the Greek meeting? >Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
06-24-2009, 01:37 AM
5th year Anniversary
Uh me me me, pick me for a slovenian meeting Hurray!
06-24-2009, 09:27 AM
5th year Anniversary
Yeap, I can organize it. Whats the date?

06-24-2009, 11:12 PM
5th year Anniversary
Apolan and Nmwisima: great! Thumbs up!

Date is still unknown...
However I would suggest Sunday september 13th! That's the date of the Hachirock festival in Japan:
http://www.banpei.net/blog/hachirock-2009

Would be cool to join them with some AEUHachirock! Big Grin Big Grin

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post