4AGE with Eaton Supercharger?
12-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Okay - now people think I am insane but I am a dork when it comes to info regarding engines etc.

I would like to know if somebody has done this and or if its do-able.

I had a mail from a special company that said they can put a Eaton charger on my 4AGE so yeah... would like to know.

Thanks!

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
Find all posts by this user
12-26-2010, 06:19 PM
What do you think a 4A-GZE is? 4age+eatonSmile
Don't try and reinvent the wheel. Spend money, have a gze installed, enjoy your extra hp and factory reliability.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
12-27-2010, 12:38 PM
LOL Banging head stupid me...

I always think the harder stuff on the subject...

I really had no clue that it in fact was a eaton charger on GZE but yes I understand my bluetop has not much ribs so my block isnt that strong for more HP...

But what would be simple things to do with a 4AGE to get a little bit more HP without fuckin up the engine or other stuff...?

For instance : If I would get other cams... (Cat cams) and other valve springs... - do I need to upgrade the driveshaft / cardanas? (axle?)
Or is it safe... I have the feeling a 4AGE is a very strong engine tho...

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
12-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Read the info on Billzilla's website. Find the prices for every component, including the headwork. Find and add all prices including the work needed to install them professionally. Find that there is no "cheap" hp in a 4age.

A "little bit" more hp will cost a lot and involve risks about reliability. Imho better left for a project car then a daily. Your catcams example will either require an exhaust, intake, ecu and injectors (possibly, cant remember) or it will not make any power worth talking about. Cost breakdown:

Exhaust+header: 600E if you shop around
Intake: 80E if you shop around and have a good head on your shoulders
Megasquirt+stuff to make it work: 300E if you shop around
Cams: 400E (?)
Springs: 100E (?)
Tuning: 100-200E, includes gaskets and other small stuff.

Money spent: 1600 euros or so..hp? 140 without headwork. Add 300E worth of headwork and you are at around 150hp for around 2000E. Plus the whole things reliability depends on the quality of work..
I still say GZE swap by a professional is one of the most solid ways of improving hp. 20V if you want noise over hp.

12-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Dear NoHachi,

You are the best!!! You put me in my place just like I need it...

Can we maybe contact msn and chat for a bit?
I just need some help.

--- I am not kidding... --- This info above here you gave me is good for me!
I am thinking about doing some stuff with my AE cuz I love it so much but it would be nice if I have somebody to talk to and that somebody can say to me SHUT UP IDIOT DONT DO THAT or DONT DO THIS Big Grin -

Thank you!

(I have added you on msn - please add me back and just try to see through my crappy brain please Big Grin )

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
12-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Okami Wrote:Okay - now people think I am insane but I am a dork when it comes to info regarding engines etc.

I would like to know if somebody has done this and or if its do-able.

I had a mail from a special company that said they can put a Eaton charger on my 4AGE so yeah... would like to know.

Thanks!

as the other members told you before, dont waste your time with putting
this kind of supercharger on a 4A engine....BUT! if you say: "can i put a rotrex Supercharger on a 4age" this topic sure will be a nice!

i do some searches on this in the INET, put it seems no one ever put this kind od superchargers on a 4A engine...
some of this superchargers spool up to 2,5 bar and dont have so much HP lost on the superchargerdrivetrain...

for me this is the only serious supercharger way!

http://www.rotrex.com/Home/Technology/Pr..._Data.aspx

greets martin
12-27-2010, 08:49 PM
sounds sick man...

maybe with a little bit of luck I am looking at a Silvertop with turbo - setup but I need to see how much money I will have.

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
12-27-2010, 08:58 PM
thats even better! cause you can "change" the hp output easier with a boostcontroller then with a (expensive) set of different pulleys...
for my personal taste, turbo is the best way for a forced induction engine,.
i love the "turboboostpunch" !
12-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks Matt... I just been to a garage and what you say is the exact same thing he said... Big Grin EXCELLENT!!! I cant wait... I just hope I have the money for it. Tho I still need sick rims for my AE and also bucket seats - short shifter - and need to paint the whole fucking car hahaha.

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
12-28-2010, 12:48 AM
MatthewG Wrote:thats even better! cause you can "change" the hp output easier with a boostcontroller then with a (expensive) set of different pulleys...
for my personal taste, turbo is the best way for a forced induction engine,.
i love the "turboboostpunch" !

Thats the thing about boost.. you just add boost and whoppa magic hp. What they don't tell you is the 200E you spend on intake piping, or 80E here and there on silicone hose and hoseclamp replacements, the ecu and tuning you need to make power. The 400E for injectors that will sustain 250+hp, the fact that a silvertop wil not survive 200+hp on a regular basis without regular rebuilds. Problem's you'll have with boost leaks, exhaust leaks, things melting under the hood. The new fuelpump for 100E, new thicker fuel lines for 50E. Then you break your first T50 gearbox and have to sink 500E into a W-box and bellhousing adapter, but that might mean a custom drive shaft and time to worry about the rear axle: if you want to drift, it will want to break unless you know exactly what works. Stock hachi brakes are rediculously under sized for big power. So best bet is 600E for Wilwood or FD callipers....etc etc etc
Been there, done that, have the 250whp hachi and the resulting hole in my wallet. Cool

Short story: if you think a PULLEY is expensive, then you have NO IDEA of the real costs associated with a boosted AE86. Tongue

A Rotrex on mild boost is nice but its nothing special and damned expensive. Just a turbo driven of the crank instead of the exhaust.

If I had to do things all over again I would do the following:
Repair chassis and rust proof/waxoil/owatrol/dinitrol the living daylights out of it.
Add poly control arm bushings and new stock 4 link bushes
Add decent suspension, HTS and T3 struts + ARB's and RCAs
Buy capable brakes. Wilwood or RX7
Add a nice full exhaust, over axle if you daily it and don't plan on tortoising over speed bumps. 2.5 inch minimum to make GZE possible later. Header with decent size primaries (again to sustain boost).
Buy nice rims to fit over brakes and complete the look

Take a look at wallet. Decide whether adding power is possible. Choose between 20v (no boost) or GZE. Keep car under 170hp~180hp or so and it will be dead reliable. Go over it and enjoy mucho heat issues, brake pads dissapearing in a single track session. Granading rear axles etc. Really its that simple... ofcourse thats only in my brain and experience. AE86 responds well to KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) Smile