4A-GE head work
10-31-2004, 12:34 PM
4A-GE head work
Rikard,

how did you pull out the crankshaft seal? Did you have to dismant also the oil pump body?
How did you put the new one in?

Regards
Andrej
Find all posts by this user
10-31-2004, 12:36 PM
4A-GE head work
Just curious:
Are the prices indicated (17 eur for pulley and 5 eur dowel) for new toyota parts?

Andrej
10-31-2004, 01:34 PM
4A-GE head work
Plex Wrote:no way? hahahaha

Loosen the bolt before you pull the motor?

Even then the startertrick may fail. I've seen it fail on robokill's yellow coupe. Most of us have the old non-reduction starters, and the starter engine just stopped dead in it's tracks when we tried the starter trick.
An airwrench didnt do the trick either. We had to get the pulley bolt on that car off by using huge locking grips on the smaller part of the pulley and a wrench+breakerbar.

Just because something works most of the time doesnt mean it's a solution that always works. Now then, anyone have any other ideas for getting the timing belt cog of the crankshaft without having to use a grinder?

"Sometimes giving up isn't the answer we're looking for, but its the only answer we have"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-31-2004, 01:43 PM
4A-GE head work
dreja Wrote:Rikard,

how did you pull out the crankshaft seal? Did you have to dismant also the oil pump body?
How did you put the new one in?

Regards
Andrej
I took it out with a small flathead screwdriver and then put in the new one with a small hammer hitting it softly all the way around. Did not have to remove the oilpump as i didn't pull the sump Smile Smile
10-31-2004, 01:43 PM
4A-GE head work
dreja Wrote:Just curious:
Are the prices indicated (17 eur for pulley and 5 eur dowel) for new toyota parts?

Andrej
Yes they were toyota parts. Big Grin
10-31-2004, 07:53 PM
4A-GE head work
Tnx for the answer.

When my car is back from body restauration& repaint I'll have to change the same oil seal as you, because I have some oil leak. I hope that only this seal is leaking and not also the camshaft oil seals.

Andrej
10-31-2004, 08:09 PM
4A-GE head work
Quote:no way? hahahaha

Even then the startertrick may fail. I've seen it fail on robokill's yellow coupe. Most of us have the old non-reduction starters, and the starter engine just stopped dead in it's tracks when we tried the starter trick.
An airwrench didnt do the trick either. We had to get the pulley bolt on that car off by using huge locking grips on the smaller part of the pulley and a wrench+breakerbar.

Just because something works most of the time doesnt mean it's a solution that always works. Now then, anyone have any other ideas for getting the timing belt cog of the crankshaft without having to use a grinder?

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-31-2004, 09:14 PM
4A-GE head work
quote] Now then, anyone have any other ideas for getting the timing belt cog of the crankshaft without having to use a grinder?[/quote]
I don't think there is another way, I tried everything before I had to grind it off! Big Grin
10-31-2004, 09:15 PM
4A-GE head work
dreja Wrote:Tnx for the answer.

When my car is back from body restauration& repaint I'll have to change the same oil seal as you, because I have some oil leak. I hope that only this seal is leaking and not also the camshaft oil seals.

Andrej
the camshaft oil seals can be done the same way as the crankshaft! Smile Smile Smile
10-31-2004, 10:22 PM
4A-GE head work
Ivan141 Wrote:
Quote:no way? hahahaha

Thats crazy... your euro cars are whack or something haha Tongue (jk)

I've never seen, or heard about that fail... Sorry for the mis-information I suppose

"Sometimes giving up isn't the answer we're looking for, but its the only answer we have"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How seatbelt rails work? FanIsHere 2 4,222 05-18-2016 09:52 AM
Last Post: Bean
  my last work , Dentist needed filh 5 5,430 03-29-2013 07:47 AM
Last Post: assassin10000
  How does the 4age AFM system work? heshan 22 21,907 12-20-2012 05:01 AM
Last Post: heshan
  my tvis doesnt work... daywalker 30 44,738 02-19-2012 01:25 PM
Last Post: ZDoman
  Work equip 01 max offset?? stalker 5 8,724 08-23-2011 03:09 AM