3rd member talk (ring&pinion setup etc.)
08-04-2006, 08:06 AM
I know what is needed for an oil cooler setup, but where do you intend to find a cheap electric oil pump? The only one I've found so far is the Tilton/Mocal pump (rebadged FloJet pump), and that thing costs a pretty penny, and is less than ideal (plastic fittings).
Have heard some guys about some ford models that came with electric power steering pumps that might be usefull.. you need a pump that is rated for 120 degrees celcius.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2006, 09:24 AM
TRD solid spacer

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - 3rd member talk (ring&a...etup etc.)]

Please check commercial section or pm Sym for details.

*edit by evil admin #2 due to breach of forum rules*
Little note, one situation where forum rules get into a grey area, damn usefull post for this topic, damn tricky if more vendors start selling this stuff and start arguing in this topic about who's product is best (the later being the reason the rule existsBig Grin )

P.A.S.S Racing
148 S.8th Ave, Unit-F
(626)961-6284
City of Industry
[email protected]
http://www.passracing.com
Find all posts by this user
08-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Mocal Differential / Rear End /
Transmission / Oil Cooler Pump

This 12v fluid circulation pump is suitable for various applications: transmission / differential / rear end cooling, turbo oiling, water intercoolers, cool suits etc. The motor is equipped with ball bearing drive and integral cooling fan for long life. The pump is self priming, meaning it can be mounted above the liquid level, and is capable of handling fluid temps up to 300 degrees F. Nylon pump head/housing with viton diaphragm / seals. Pump head can be indexed 90 degrees for convenient fluid connections.

Flow rate 1.0-2.0 GPM and up to 54 PSI
WT 3.5 lbs.
3/8" NPT fittings
8 amp current draw
P/N MOC17522HT

Price dosnt seem to be too bad, its not a £20 fix but if your serious about doing it.

*edit by evil admin #2, removed price*

http://www.eight-six.co.uk - read the blog!

UK AE86 Forum - http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?m...ghtsixcouk
08-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Carefull guys,

Remember the rules, we don't allow (commercial) advertising of your products in the common threads, please stick to the sell/commercial forums for that.

I'll leave it with a warning for nowBig Grin

P.S. eightysix, I take it that you just looked that product info up at a local dealer and its not actually a product you sell? I'll leave you post unedited except for the price information. That doesn't make sence for other board members anyways because the stuff will cost differently depending on where you live or where you buy it Big Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
08-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Quote:P.S. eightysix, I take it that you just looked that product info up at a local dealer and its not actually a product you sell? I'll leave you post unedited except for the price information. That doesn't make sence for other board members anyways because the stuff will cost differently depending on where you live or where you buy it

Nah mate, I am not selling it or have any affiliation with that company. Just found some data on a possible diff cooler pump for reasonable money (£100 UKP).

http://www.eight-six.co.uk - read the blog!

UK AE86 Forum - http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?m...ghtsixcouk
08-05-2006, 04:45 PM
eight-six Wrote:Nah mate, I am not selling it or have any affiliation with that company. Just found some data on a possible diff cooler pump for reasonable money (£100 UKP).
Then its coolBig Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets talk engine mounts kazi 6 7,056 08-31-2017 12:46 PM
Last Post: parrot
  Shifting from 4th to 3rd pack 7 5,393 04-27-2017 07:26 PM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  ring gear bolts DJexor 3 4,898 12-26-2016 10:56 PM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  DIY: a quick outline on why & how to set pinion angle. assassin10000 9 17,034 12-21-2016 10:28 PM
Last Post: ditn
  T50 gearbox - TRD 2nd and 3rd gear hachirokkos 3 6,076 11-27-2015 10:06 AM
Last Post: Project D