300bhp ae86 driftproject
02-21-2008, 02:12 PM
300bhp ae86 driftproject
Sometimes it can be very annoying how lazy people just copy everything, where you spend alot of effort figuring out your ideas.
Find all posts by this user
02-21-2008, 03:32 PM
300bhp ae86 driftproject
E-volve Wrote:Sometimes it can be very annoying how lazy people just copy everything, where you spend alot of effort figuring out your ideas.

Why dont you build your own 86 instead of buying one, just like anybody else? Your ideas, your parts, i bet it would came out nice! What you think?

So why theres such a community? because they dont want to share, just show?

come on guys...

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - 300bhp ae86 driftproject]
Cump´s
Filipe Oliveira
02-21-2008, 04:43 PM
300bhp ae86 driftproject
very nice work you have done there m8

cheers!

Ae86 Levin (Kouki)
Year 85
4agte

See her at!
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil...ipc=326814
02-21-2008, 07:51 PM
300bhp ae86 driftproject
apardal Wrote:Just one question...

TE71corolla Wrote:its a little secret Smile but hyundai has 2 way lsd,simular to the trd 2 way diffs,only BIGGER :wink:

and yes,hard to find part,but i have a new one,and thats very expensive Tongue

What's the thing with keeping secrets to yourself? I just don't understand...
He just described what he is using, that is is usable but very hard to find. What's so secret about it then?? Dumb question

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-21-2008, 09:28 PM
300bhp ae86 driftproject
I'm sorry if I misunderstood something! It just sounded like he was not going to tell if the swap of the rear axle was easy, or how he did it...

... so far he didn't answer sgonzales!

Anyway, sorry for the offtopic.

E-volve, sometimes it is annoying, in fact... but why make mistakes when somebody else has already spent time and money doing their own thing?

I've rebuilt my whole car, engine included and I have no need to hide what I've done. I'll be happy if I can help everyone else who is doing the same thing so that they don't spend more money than what would be needed.

Best regards
02-21-2008, 11:35 PM
300bhp ae86 driftproject
pfff.... ill try to explain this rear axle 'thing' Wave

rear axle from hyundai h100 van(called starex in other countrys)
diff used from hyundai galopper(simular to trd 2 way only bigger and stronger)
rear brake discs from a toyota supra,and 2 pods calipers(brand unknown...)
the axle was a 5 stud one,so i redrilled it to 4 stud 114.3

and i put the mounig points from my old axle on te h100 axle :wink:

happy now? Thumbs up!

sr86 completed!!........漂うことのマスター!!!!
02-21-2008, 11:51 PM
300bhp ae86 driftproject
Hehehe,

Well to anyone who knows Jasper personally, he don't mean bad, he just likes playing a bit, guys don't make more of it then it is.

Thing is, what he's done is not the easy route and probably not the recommended route either. The thing for Jasper is, he had access to these parts and then this does make sense.

For everyone else, the idea behind this project is a definite way forward for the hachi, we all know the stock rear axle is a dead end whenever you go to a higher powered engine especially for pro drift competition use which is what this car is for. But a more logical choice would be much easier to obtain axles, diffs, and such then Jasper has used that are equally good.
There are plenty of projects on the board that show the way forward.

I've walked up to Jasper plenty of times at a trackday or similar event and he's taken time plenty of times to explain in detail what he's done with his cars and how I should do things myself. As for writing stuff down on the forum, I'm already more then happy he takes the time to post pictures of what he's doing because he's got to little time to work on his cars and get them ready for the upcoming competitions.

So chill people, unfortunately those on our forum that are best at this sorta thing, are also those that generally are do not have the time, patience nor geekness to write long how to's for the rest of us nerds. Thats why they've held wrenches and have been drinking gasoline since they where babiesSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
02-22-2008, 12:20 AM
300bhp ae86 driftproject
I'm sorry Jasper if I was inconvenient!

I mean no disrespect, I jumped a conclusion too early as you were kidding about the "secret" thing.

It is just that, as I've said earlier, I think the AE86 community in general is great because the choice to have this car comes from a specific background of each individual. And that is the love for buying something somewhat cheap, rebuild it with our bare hands, and then play with it... and "it" being this piece of mystical junk that is the AE86.

And knowing how it is among some other communities, such has some Honda fellows, that are always competing between each other, makes me sad when I read something that grasps that mentality.

But fortunately, I was wrong.

I'm really sorry for all this stuff I end here my offtopic, and I hope you understand my point!

Best regards from Portugal
02-22-2008, 12:34 AM
300bhp ae86 driftproject
TE71corolla Wrote:pfff.... ill try to explain this rear axle 'thing' Wave

rear axle from hyundai h100 van(called starex in other countrys)
diff used from hyundai galopper(simular to trd 2 way only bigger and stronger)
rear brake discs from a toyota supra,and 2 pods calipers(brand unknown...)
the axle was a 5 stud one,so i redrilled it to 4 stud 114.3

and i put the mounig points from my old axle on te h100 axle :wink:

happy now? Thumbs up!

THANKS Pal, good conversion, does this setup afects top speed ( I know is a drift car)
02-22-2008, 08:56 AM
300bhp ae86 driftproject
ï'm just playing with you guys :wink:
my englisch writing is not so good,so most of the time i keep it a little short Thumbs up!

but about the topspeed...
in my 200sx i had the s15 specR engine and 6 speed box(need a 3.6 original)and i had a 3.9 diff under that car.
now i have a 5 speed s13 box(need a 3.9 original)and i have a 4.22 under my rolla,and i must still can do 200+km/h

the first test run will show the top speed

and no i have no secrets at all,otherwise i wont show any pics Hurray!

sr86 completed!!........漂うことのマスター!!!!