240Z buildup video
10-08-2006, 02:28 PM
240Z buildup video
Mark Evans eat yer heart out Big Grin

Okay so not hachi related, but who cares, one of the coolest rebuild vids I've seen in awhile, unfortunately the latest vid is from last month so this guy is still working on it.

http://www.voodoo-people.com/~daz/mull/wmv/

Basically a guy from sweden who buys a 240Z, according to the Ebay add "no rust, in perfect condition", yeah right.

He starts pulling the car appart only to find its swiss cheese. What follows is about 15 vids of sandblasting the car, cutting it to pieces and welding new bits in. They basically rebuild the shell from scrap. You get to see almost all the work they do on it, great for getting some pointers in car restauration.
By vid 15 they finally got the car to the painters and it gets a nice primer coat and its off to get a a rollcage installed, I couldn't help but think he did that wrong, should have first put the rollcage in, then painted it Big Grin

Last vid they time lapse build an RB26 which is great to watch aswell, it aint finished yet but looks greatBig Grin

One of these days I wanne do this to a hachi, if only I win the lottery (or is there anyone out there that wants to pay me and a couple of guys to do this kinda restauration? Big Grin )

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
10-08-2006, 03:21 PM
240Z buildup video
Nice find Bastiaan!

I can't stop thinking about all the $$ he spend Confused

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - 240Z buildup video]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2006, 04:11 PM
240Z buildup video
yeah must have cost him alot, allthough from what I understood he got alot cheaper. Dont know how though.

Here is a thread he's keeping on an american board with photos and progress reports and background info:
http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=106731

And he's a thread he has with links to all sorts of boards that are keeping tabs on his project:
http://forums.voodoo-people.com/mull/vie....php?t=106

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-08-2006, 04:58 PM
240Z buildup video
Some of the welds doesn't look too great but since he puts in lead it will be allright, I guess...

BTW I allready did this to my hachi - well allmost anyway Wink Mwuahahaha Evil

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - 240Z buildup video]
10-08-2006, 05:34 PM
240Z buildup video
Wow...these vids are fantastic...he really filmed EVERYthing. Has a good sense of humour too. Must have been at least 20kg's of fibreglass he pulled out of that car Huh

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-08-2006, 06:01 PM
240Z buildup video
Yeah its amazing how he can keep his spirits up while pulling that car appart.. I would have brought it to the junkyard and searched for another one...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-08-2006, 07:14 PM
240Z buildup video
ARGH, I just read that the cage he build into that car in one of those last vids was actually taken OUT OF THE CAR
he wasn't happy with it!!

A full race regulation cage is going in there now....

Man.. just imagine how much he must have spend putting that cage in there in the first place....

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-08-2006, 07:21 PM
240Z buildup video
What a great project though.. very inspiring. I especially like the lead-soldering. Seems to me it is very good way of keeping rust away from delicate repairs, and better than filler for filling dents too.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-08-2006, 08:40 PM
240Z buildup video
My car has had a ton of lead stuff done to it...they basically used it to repair the front corners of my wings and bonnet..amazing what they can do with it.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
10-08-2006, 09:20 PM
240Z buildup video
Great video's I've just seen them all :-)

I hope somebody is around to tell me to stop if I ever get a car that looks like that back from a sandblaster and want to continue...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nice 4AGE buildup! banpei 2 9,795 07-07-2008 10:14 PM
Last Post: zenki
  hachi buildup and tune vid Apolan 3 4,288 08-19-2005 08:03 AM
Last Post: JonT