17+18 !!
07-16-2005, 12:12 AM
17+18 !!
Got this from live-evil forum:

Initial D Eps 17 and 18 air on Otakon weekend. Most Live-eviL staff are going to Otakon so DO NOT expect a quick release of these episodes.

WHEEEEEH!

I also heard some rumors that the end of stage 4 will be a movieSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
07-16-2005, 08:26 AM
17+18 !!
mux213 Wrote:Got this from live-evil forum:

Initial D Eps 17 and 18 air on Otakon weekend. Most Live-eviL staff are going to Otakon so DO NOT expect a quick release of these episodes.

WHEEEEEH!

I also heard some rumors that the end of stage 4 will be a movieSmile
Hmmm, nice! Now atleast we know there will be an episode 17+18. Hurray!

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - 17+18 !!]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-16-2005, 08:54 AM
17+18 !!
I hope so!

(I also hope he looses once in a while! ID is getting a weee bit predictable!, Fujiwara Vs Tommi Makkinen anyone?)

still no 86
07-16-2005, 07:46 PM
17+18 !!
Blueneon Wrote:I hope so!

(I also hope he looses once in a while! ID is getting a weee bit predictable!, Fujiwara Vs Tommi Makkinen anyone?)

I just found myself having flashbacks of the Taxi 2 opening scene Big Grin
07-16-2005, 08:34 PM
17+18 !!

Most anime has exactly the same storyline. Ofcourse the hero can never lose, why else do most people hate the episode in which the 4AG dies? Tongue

07-16-2005, 08:42 PM
17+18 !!
banpei Wrote:

Most anime has exactly the same storyline. Ofcourse the hero can never lose, why else do most people hate the episode in which the 4AG dies? Tongue

I really like that episode, OK it was awful to see the 4AGE detonate, and the Hatchi looking very sad, but it brought a good element to the story, It made Tak show a more 'human' side It had depth and lots of interest, especially when he was in the van with Bunta.

I think more like this would be good for the series, OK the kids (mine included) want to see the Hatchi win all the time But The reason i like ID is it has flashes of depth now and again (like when he is overtaken by the Subaru)

Top stuff

still no 86
07-17-2005, 11:58 AM
17+18 !!
I have to agree with your there mate. It's not about the winning it's about HOW they win. Thats what gives it depth.
07-17-2005, 12:58 PM
17+18 !!
Blueneon Wrote:I really like that episode, OK it was awful to see the 4AGE detonate, and the Hatchi looking very sad, but it brought a good element to the story, It made Tak show a more 'human' side It had depth and lots of interest, especially when he was in the van with Bunta.

I think more like this would be good for the series, OK the kids (mine included) want to see the Hatchi win all the time But The reason i like ID is it has flashes of depth now and again (like when he is overtaken by the Subaru)

Top stuff
Exactly. Blowing the engine was a gain in storyline, but there is more in the storyline: it's a bit the same as crashing the FD (sorry for the spoiler!) in the last episodes and Ryosuke blaming Keisuke for it.

07-19-2005, 07:05 PM
17+18 !!
Ok, just if anyone missed it:

official release dates for 17+18: 20th august 2005 !!! Source : avex own website so can't be wrong!

Yupz, nicely 2 months after 15+16, 17+18 are coming. In the rumours is that 19+20 is also in the works at the moment.

From what I understand because they are broadcasting this through pay tv they don't need to reserve a full season with a TV station. For stage 1 they booked a full season, 26 eps. For stage 2 they booked only half (1 ep every 2 weeks), 13 eps.
For pay tv they basically can keep extending the number of eps until it doesn't get enough viewers to make it viableSmile So I guess they just invested for the first 14 eps and now are using the money they made from those 14 eps to make the rest.. but that is just quessworkSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
07-19-2005, 07:20 PM
17+18 !!
banpei Wrote:Exactly. Blowing the engine was a gain in storyline, but there is more in the storyline: it's a bit the same as crashing the FD (sorry for the spoiler!) in the last episodes and Ryosuke blaming Keisuke for it.

Yup I was quite surprised at that, but he STILL goes on to win. I liked the bit where Tak was threatend with 'gangsters' It will be interesting to see where they go with it now

still no 86